RC Competitor

What batteries are you using?

Im currently running traxxas 3s 5000mah long #2872x and im getting about 15 min of runtime while parkimg lot racing. Just curious what batteries others are using and what runtimes
    Rustler 4x4 powered by MambaX

I use a smc 3s lipo. 6500mah gets me about 3 to 4 hours of tun time on my 2wd monster slash.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

I use smc 8000mha 120c in my 2wd with castle 4600kv 14p 90s not sure how long as never used up a full battery yet at the track. I probably got 30+ mins in before I went to different car. Only 1/4 to 1/2 throttle around track. Otherwise car to fast. No grip.

Parking lot racing will use up batteries a lot faster than bashing or track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that the name of the brand of batteries that I use is censored on these forums. They are considered to be cheap packs by some but I have packs that are a decade old now and still work great. Runtime depends on what I'm doing but certainly never less than 15 minutes. More like half an hour I'd say, while bashing and doing jumps on dirt, grass, and hills.

RC Racer
    I also run SMC, I have a 6500. It lasts about 30 ish mins in my Rustler 4x4, running in tallish grass and soft dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    I also run SMC, I have a 6500. It lasts about 30 ish mins in my Rustler 4x4, running in tallish grass and soft dirt.

Is it 2s? Cause i get at least 3 hours of bashing on my 3s 6500.

I run 5800 mah 2s Traxxas LiPos, and they last me 1-3 hours of run time on my 2wd Slash (only storage charged for me lol). Also running a Castle 3800kv motor with 16/90 gearing, mainly driving on asphalt and a little bit of gravel and short grass.

Also, I would say run times vary a lot, and mainly depends on the driving style of the driver, the setup of the car, and the terrain the car is running on, so it may not be completely accurate.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    Nope mine is 3s. I live in a very hot place, and I run it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    Nope mine is 3s. I live in a very hot place, and I run it hard.

Well there. Yeah i run my slash on low grass and gravel so i mean thatd explain that 3 or 4 hours lol

RC Competitor
    I am running it pretty hard in the parking lot. I havent been in rc for almost 10 years but i remember my 2wd rustler having much longer tun times. Dont know it will make much effect but i shortened my motor wire leads. I had left them long, how the motor comes out of the box and braded them to fit better. Tonight I cut them to a little over 5in ans soldered them on the motor kinda backwords so there as short as the can be.

I dont think that shortening the wires will make it last longer. And the 2wd would last longer probably just cause there's less power needed to run it.

RC Competitor
    Does anyone think that data logging or 2 degrees of timing could be what's causing my short run times? It's been raining that last few days so I haven't been able to test anything out yet