Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster

Looks to me that they are admitting that they know there is an issue with the Hoss driveshafts. They just want you to spend more money. No price that I can find yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    $160 total..$80 for front, $80 for rear

RC Competitor
    From Traxxas webpage

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    The elusive extreme duty drive shafts actually do exist..much lighter in weight then I had imagined and seem to be fairly well made.. probably have a chance to install them tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    Comparison shot

RC Competitor
    I might get a set of those when/if my GMPís break.

RC Competitor
    So far I like what I see from them..It doesn't seem to have any clearance issues or tight tolerances on the Hoss...haven't checked them on Stampede or Slash yet..but if it is close and there's is a rub on A arm during body roll or suspension twist during operation there are no pins exposed to clip any parts and snap..they are enclosed in that larger hub on both ends..only the outer edge of that bell will rub if there is a rub at all..
    Just mentioning this as I have seen some guys have to sand or dremel a small area on A arms with other metal shafts

RC Competitor
    Also like the spline overlap is facing down on these when installed..the originals have an upward facing overlap that when dirt, water, sand or debris gets in there is little chance of it coming out..it usually just settles in the bottom of the lower shaft

RC Competitor
    Got em installed on the Hoss..working on new shock set up right now getting it ready for 4S

RC Competitor
    They look strong...

RC Competitor
    Got my shocks done on each corner..ran 2 battery packs thru it and the new shafts are buttery smooth..they seem very well balanced for the rpm's they are turning.
    I'll be the first to admit they are 'off-the-charts' pricey but it appears Traxxas did their homework this time.
    Now it gives me the urge to throw some on my Stampede and Slash

RC poster
    Did you ever use the XO-1 shafts @radio_uncontrol? I'm torn between the new ones and the XO-1 ones.

Cu, Etosch

RC Competitor
    Nah, that was a trend that passed me by..I liked the idea because they have cv boots to help out with dirt and debris but I'm pretty certain you also have to use some other XO-1 parts (such as carriers, for example) in order to make those work...once you add in those factors they would cost the same or more than the new Extremes..
    The simplicity of the new ones were a direct replacement that took me about 15-20 minutes to change out all four..existing bearings, carriers and all related parts were retained..

Drive shafts for me aren't as big an issue as for some..I mostly do speed, handling and moderate terrain runs..I never jump my vehicles, although I certainly don't drive like a granny. Full throttle starts are like poison to me..yea I enjoy wheelies but they are just as fun after a rolling start

RC poster
    Well yes - xo-1 seem to be pricy:

#6451 Front Driveshafts x2 $38 each
    #6452 Rear Driveshafts x2 $38 each
    #6439 Steering Blocks $30
    #6455 Rear Axle Carriers $35
    #6869 Wheel Adapters $28
    #5117 Ball Bearings x3 $4 each

adds up to $257 ... o.O

suddenly $160 seems cheap :-)

Cu, Etosch

Quote Originally Posted by radio uncontrol View Post
    I never jump my vehicles
    That's too bad. My stampede 4x4 is probably my favorite skate park truck. Just so light and nimble and now with the slash chassis, a bit more elegant in flight, not as twitchy as it used to be.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    That's too bad.
    Ha,
    If I had sponsors sending me free parts and pieces I would smash 'em worse then Kevin Talbot...but as long as I'm footing the bill my non jumping rule will stay in play..
    I just retired the original plastic drive shafts on my Stampede to install the heavy duty plastic shafts..those originals were 10 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12