Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

I bought another bandit

So I haven't owned a bandit in many years. Found a brushless xl5 in nice shape on eBay. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I'll update when it gets here...

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trsxxas-Ban...-/164368505134

It looks good. Good luck with the build.

Have fun with it!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

This car is new with 1 run. The wing is perfect. Chassis no scratches. 1 road rash corner of the front bumper. Looks like maybe they threw 3s brushless in, seen it was too fast for the kiddo and sold it. Comes with blue alum shock caps, aluminum tie bar. ESC is 60 amp 3s, motor is 3650/3500kv.

I usually don't like traxxas splat paint work, but this car looks pretty amazing. I can imagine a kid being very excited getting this as a present.
    That's all I know so far. I'll dig into it a bit, and we'll see what I decide to mess with. I'm pulling the ESC to change connector to xt60.

Took her for a spin on 2s. Geared 86/23, the gool rc system feels slow compared to a vxl or castle system. Maybe 20-22 mph as a guess. Everything ran cool with the motor at 95 (10 above ambient). Had some gears with me, so I dropped in 83/31. Ran most of the pack as hard as I could at that gearing, and got about 30mph(guessing) and it heated to 110f. Everything ran cool. I thought it would be faster, and run much hotter. I'm wondering if the motor is a lower kv than the 3500 he mentioned in the add. It's a pretty good match for this car for a young newbie tho. It would work ok for a novice class race combo too.

I noticed the 5x8 wheel bushings too... Don't know why but I thought all TRX 2wds came with bearings. I'm gonna look for bandit vxl bearing carriers from the chop shops as wheel bushings have no place in a hobby grade rc imo. I'll prob source some vxl links while I'm at it. But that's all I really think she needs right now. I'm happy with the purchase the price was a bargain. I'll update as I get those parts mentioned above, and post a vid if I get up to the bashplex, or try a 3s run.

I think the bearings should be a direct fit for the bushings but not positive was on my old brushed 2wd ruslter. I forget the bearings size.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The rear carriers came with 5x8 bushings on this car. The vxl comes with 5x11 bearings.

I have the urge to change this car to a brushed motor.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The rear carriers came with 5x8 bushings on this car. The vxl comes with 5x11 bearings.

I have the urge to change this car to a brushed motor.

Do it. I had one bandit that is built to the T but uses the titan 12t and xl5 esc. I loved screwing around with it. The bandit is really light enough that the 12t motor is, you know, fine.

I have 2 Holmes Hobbies 550 motors. A 21 turn trailmaster sport that can run 4s, and a 15t crawlmaster sport that should rip ok on 3s.

Holmes also has budget 13,12,10, and 8 turn 550s also. Im hoping the 15t on 3s will be enough.

RC Racer
    Those crawlmasters are 5 slot, as apposed to 3 for the trailmaster. So your 15t crawlmaster is equivalent in speed to a 30t 550 3 slot. The crawlmaster is a 1250kv, and the trailmaster is a 2200kv. So it will be quite slower on 3s compared to the trailmaster on 4s. Even both on 4s, the crawlmaster will be noticeably slower. It will have more torque in the lower rpms, so should be able to gear up to make up the difference, but if you're after speed, use the trailmaster.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    https://holmeshobbies.com/motor-recommendations
    Here's a chart showing holmes motor speeds.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That's awesome info that I didn't know about the difference between the three slots and the five slots. Maybe 3s might work with the 10 turn or the 8 turn crawl master

I want to run this on 3 or 4s with an older xl5 esc

https://youtu.be/9fyyrZQj2Io
    Last edited by rag6; 09-12-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Add vid