775 Motor in TRX4?

I've been making a TRX4 transmission Prerunner build, and have come in to a motor "issue".
    I'm building a prerunner build, so speed is at a higher priority than low speed control, and because there isn't space in my budget for a brushless combo yet, I've thought about using a 775 motor from the Summit.
    Excocaged RC did it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbEHkxRzas , and he ended up gearing it up a significant bit, I don't need as much speed as he does, but I'm aiming for 17-20 mph on 3s. I'm going to use the stock 45t spur gear with a pinion 11-15t, depending on speed.

The only concern however, is the electronics, I'm planning to use this with one of the XL5 ESCs that came stock with the TRX4, just I'm not sure how heat will go. In the video I found, 3s on hobbywing 1080 runs, but I dont know about the heat. The the 775 is just too much, I might go with a standard 540 or 550 and wait for a brushless.

Or, I have been thinking of another way, to buy a Mamba X with the 775 motor, because the Mamba is brushed capable, and it shoud take the 775 well, and when I have the funds, I'll go get a nice motor to go along.

TLDR: Will XL5 handle 775 motor with stock gearing?

(And 775 will mount easily with 2 holes drilled for correct mounting position.)

Thanks!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I've been making a TRX4 transmission Prerunner build, and have come in to a motor "issue".
    I'm building a prerunner build, so speed is at a higher priority than low speed control, and because there isn't space in my budget for a brushless combo yet, I've thought about using a 775 motor from the Summit.
    Excocaged RC did it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbEHkxRzas , and he ended up gearing it up a significant bit, I don't need as much speed as he does, but I'm aiming for 17-20 mph on 3s. I'm going to use the stock 45t spur gear with a pinion 11-15t, depending on speed.

The only concern however, is the electronics, I'm planning to use this with one of the XL5 ESCs that came stock with the TRX4, just I'm not sure how heat will go. In the video I found, 3s on hobbywing 1080 runs, but I dont know about the heat. The the 775 is just too much, I might go with a standard 540 or 550 and wait for a brushless.

Or, I have been thinking of another way, to buy a Mamba X with the 775 motor, because the Mamba is brushed capable, and it shoud take the 775 well, and when I have the funds, I'll go get a nice motor to go along.

TLDR: Will XL5 handle 775 motor with stock gearing?

(And 775 will mount easily with 2 holes drilled for correct mounting position.)

Thanks!
    Mate, I think you haven't issues with this 775, but, ┐how many turns have it?, the XL5 maybe can work fine with the 775, but the turns number is essential to know about temps. Remenber, the axle of this motor is 5mm diameter.

Motor is 10t, with stock gearing it gets to the speed I want, around 20mph, I don't need much of a crawl ratio with this.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Motor is 10t, with stock gearing it gets to the speed I want, around 20mph, I don't need much of a crawl ratio with this.
    I understand, maybe the Hobbywing 1080 is better ESC for this 775 with 10T, is a really fast motor in comparison with TRX4 stock one.

RC Racer
    Well the bigger the motor, the slower it gets in relation to motor turns. A 27t 540 is similar to a 20t 550. Not sure how rhe 775 10t would be in comparison to a 550. Maybe 17t? Maybe 20t?. Odd thing is, some escs have a limit like 14t 540, 10t 550. Then others say 10t 540 or 550. Not much useful info here for you though, without knowing the amp draw of the 775, and the amp rating of the xl5, hard to say. I'd run it and see how it is. If it gets to hot or fries, toss in the mamba x. It'll handle it, even on 4s. Then if you can and do run it on 4s, then you might not even need, or want to go brushless. Well till you wear out the 775 anyway...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk