RC poster

Do you even Lift bro?

Hey fellas, im new to the forum and the Traxxas family. I just recently purchased the Rustler VXL 4x4 and havent even drive it yet due to being offshore. I have a few questions for yall.

Is there anyway to lift it?

How are the sledgehammer tires?

I just ordered aluminum shock caps, motor fan, and 4000 mah 3 cell 25c battery.

What else should i do for more speed height and overall performance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your purchases and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

For ride height, you need tires/wheels, stiffer shock springs, pre-load the shocks, and change your shock mounting positions.
    Just remember that the higher you go, the more you are raising your center of gravity. It will get tip happy. You may also want to extend your hubs or run wider offset wheels.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Just putting the sledgehammer tires on there should be enough to mostly accomplish what you are looking for. The stock Rustler 4x4 tires are actually shorter than most 2.8" Monster Truck tires. On the flip side, the Sledgehammer tires are actually taller than most 2.8" Monster Truck tires. Tires like the Proline Trenchers or stock Stampede 4x4 tires are in-between in terms of tire height.

Adding bigger tires doesn't hurt your center of gravity too bad, since you are adding weight at the corners of the truck - as opposed to simply raising the ride height of your chassis by adding in shock spacers, etc. Using Sledgehammer tires on a Rustler 4x4 would put you very close to a Hoss 4x4, as the Rustler 4x4 and Hoss 4x4 already have a lot in common.

Does proline sell mounts for a rustler? That would give your truck a lifted look too.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Does proline sell mounts for a rustler? That would give your truck a lifted look too.
    The only option that I know of would be to swap over to the Slash4x4/Stampede4x4 shock towers (which are fully compatible) and then use the Proline custom body mounts.

The new body mounting system on the Rustler4x4/Hoss4x4 is cool if you love the stock body but terrible for any sort of customization.

RC poster
    Thanks for all the help i think im gonna stay stock height and eventually get some sledgehammers.

RC Competitor
    Proline makes some nice oversized tires too
    Rustler 4x4 powered by MambaX

Proline makes nice tires. But do your research.. I got belted mx28s and i loved them at first. But then i was changing broken axles like you change underwear.. So next week im buying the Duratrax Sixpack tires and wheels from proline off amainhobbies.. A normal 2.2 inch tire. The mx2s is a belted 2.8 and it was just way too heavy for my drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by nab View Post
    Hey fellas, im new to the forum and the Traxxas family. I just recently purchased the Rustler VXL 4x4 and havent even drive it yet due to being offshore. I have a few questions for yall.

Is there anyway to lift it?

How are the sledgehammer tires?

I just ordered aluminum shock caps, motor fan, and 4000 mah 3 cell 25c battery.

What else should i do for more speed height and overall performance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Look at what this fella is doing. Maybe can spark an idea for a lift.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app