Thread: Traxxas tools.

RC Champion

Traxxas tools.

Hi mates,¿anyone has the Traxxas tools sets?, ¿how about the quality?, I need to made a present for a friend and think this a good detail.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

RC Racer
    Traxxas will work just fine. They’re of good quality. Though the best in my opinion, are M.I.P.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mip-tho...ip9502/p261254

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    Traxxas will work just fine. They’re of good quality. Though the best in my opinion, are M.I.P.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mip-tho...ip9502/p261254
    Thanks mate for the response.

RC Enthusiast
    I use MIP speed tips and Protek SL drivers.

I have no experience with traxxas tools but I would definitely recommend either of the other ones.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by c7aea View Post
    I use MIP speed tips and Protek SL drivers.

I have no experience with traxxas tools but I would definitely recommend either of the other ones.
    Thanks mate.

I second a mips set I finally got one and best quality I've come across of my 3 different tool sets.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I second a mips set I finally got one and best quality I've come across of my 3 different tool sets.

Thanks for your reply, mate.

I don't own either, but the Traxxas or MIP are the two I would choose from. IMO each have their own Pro.
    As a gift the Traxxas ones come in a case, plus it's perfect for a travel set.
    The MIP are proven to be well worth the investment.

Ive seen a lot of people say they love the mip tools. Somebody on these forums not too long ago, posted a picture of a wrench from traxxas that had rounded off.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Admittedly I haven’t used a lot of different RC tools since get back into the hobby, I went straight for the most recommend stuff. But I definitely haven’t been disappointed.

I basically stripped down my entire new X-Maxx and put it back together to check it out and a few initial upgrades with MIP tools and they are very high quality tools.

RC Racer
    I have the traxxas set they are good. Not mip quality but not as bad as the Chinese crap.

RC Qualifier
    I have heard all the hype about MIP drivers and after buying some i've found it to be true! They are the best. I still use some of my cheaper tools because they are longer etc. but when you get that screw that the other drivers start to round off the MIP's can be depended on to remove them. And they don't seem to wear out. But for a gift the Traxxas set will do, very similar is the Dynamite set.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't own either, but the Traxxas or MIP are the two I would choose from. IMO each have their own Pro.
    As a gift the Traxxas ones come in a case, plus it's perfect for a travel set.
    The MIP are proven to be well worth the investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Ive seen a lot of people say they love the mip tools. Somebody on these forums not too long ago, posted a picture of a wrench from traxxas that had rounded off.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Admittedly I haven’t used a lot of different RC tools since get back into the hobby, I went straight for the most recommend stuff. But I definitely haven’t been disappointed.

I basically stripped down my entire new X-Maxx and put it back together to check it out and a few initial upgrades with MIP tools and they are very high quality tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    I have the traxxas set they are good. Not mip quality but not as bad as the Chinese crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    I have heard all the hype about MIP drivers and after buying some i've found it to be true! They are the best. I still use some of my cheaper tools because they are longer etc. but when you get that screw that the other drivers start to round off the MIP's can be depended on to remove them. And they don't seem to wear out. But for a gift the Traxxas set will do, very similar is the Dynamite set.

Thanks guys for the replys, probably buy the Traxxas set, as grizzly03 and dgechrgr469, comes in a case or bag, for a present is better. Maybe for me buy a set of MIP

RC Racer
    I agree, sounds like the best way to go.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    I agree, sounds like the best way to go.
    Of course mate.

RC Racer
    I love my 14 piece Arrowmax tool set. Not the cheapest tools but they are top-notch quality. I also use a set of Traxxas hex driver bits for my drill. They seem pretty decent quality.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    I love my 14 piece Arrowmax tool set. Not the cheapest tools but they are top-notch quality. I also use a set of Traxxas hex driver bits for my drill. They seem pretty decent quality.
    I use MIP drivers and speed bits. But my wheel removal tool is an arrowmax. Definitely right with MIP, think they’re bigger in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The Arrowmax looks awesome, but is very expensive for a present, and for me too, the quality requires an amount of money.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I use MIP drivers and speed bits. But my wheel removal tool is an arrowmax. Definitely right with MIP, think they’re bigger in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I look for a MIP set of three, like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIP-Metric-...gAAOSwQJBfPsQn

RC Racer
    I had an issue with mip. Bought another 1.5mm, didnt use it for almost 2 months, went to lossen a grub screw that wasnt very tight and had no thread lock, and the tip broke off. It was a manufacturing defect, but they told me to go pound sand. I have alot of mip tools and driveshafts, i will no longer buy from them. Wera and Wiha made nice tools, both from Germany i believe. I've been buying Protek tools lately. I'd be looking at the warranties for whatever you buy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    I had an issue with mip. Bought another 1.5mm, didnt use it for almost 2 months, went to lossen a grub screw that wasnt very tight and had no thread lock, and the tip broke off. It was a manufacturing defect, but they told me to go pound sand. I have alot of mip tools and driveshafts, i will no longer buy from them. Wera and Wiha made nice tools, both from Germany i believe. I've been buying Protek tools lately. I'd be looking at the warranties for whatever you buy.

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm sorry for your issue, sometimes this things maybe occur.

RC Racer
    That's true. They are great quality tools though.

RC Champion
    That's true. They are great quality tools though.

RC Racer

I have a set of Wiha tools I keep on my workbench that I've had for nearly 20 years. Very good tools for tiny, precision stuff. You just can't kill em. Knipex pliers are another toolbox/workbench mainstay. Good tools are expensive and suck to buy, but once you own them, you'll never need to replace them unless you lose them. Buy once, cry once.

RC Qualifier

That sucks! For what they cost you think they would give you a replacement especially in this day and age where news of a unhappy customer travels fast.

RC Champion
    I have a set of Wiha tools I keep on my workbench that I've had for nearly 20 years. Very good tools for tiny, precision stuff. You just can't kill em. Knipex pliers are another toolbox/workbench mainstay. Good tools are expensive and suck to buy, but once you own them, you'll never need to replace them unless you lose them. Buy once, cry once.
    Wiha is a german brand, absolute expensive, but highest quality product.

RC Enthusiast
    I have some MIP and one of the Traxxas kits. I like them both.

I'm not 100% sure by any means but I think Snap-On makes Traxxas tools. Guy at my LHS told me that.

Probably Both made from the same factory in china. some snap-on is now just cheap badged stuff. Like their led lights https://youtu.be/m0rEyzc4TNs

The Dynamite set I got 10+y looks exactly like the trx set. Just different logo. Trx didn't go reinvent the wheel they just took a ok kit and got it rebadged.

Not every one makes their own stuff anymore it's all oem or odm. All coming out of the same few factory's.

Good article on this.
    https://pressurewashr.com/tool-industry-behemoths/

I think TTI makes ridgid and kobalt. Or at least same odm. For the tools iv compared closely they be exactly other than colors and badge.

Most things with moving parts have Failure modes engineered to happen sooner or later on cheaper brands. That way we have to buy new widgets every few years and parts not serviceable, or unable to buy as no longer available or part costs half the price or more of a new widget. vs back in the day it would last 30y+ or be able to fix it.

I miss old school craftsman, And getting a free new hand tool at sears( don't even have one of those anymore in my state) when it broke. Now it's about the same quality I get from harbor freight.

Time to go find that 11mm socket that went into the worm hole again. I know it will show up again at some point.

Last edited by Acidic01; 09-19-2020 at 02:02 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Probably Both made from the same factory in china. some snap-on is now just cheap badged stuff. Like their led lights https://youtu.be/m0rEyzc4TNs

The Dynamite set I got 10+y looks exactly like the trx set. Just different logo. Trx didn't go reinvent the wheel they just took a ok kit and got it rebadged.

Not every one makes their own stuff anymore it's all oem or odm. All coming out of the same few factory's.

Good article on this.
    https://pressurewashr.com/tool-industry-behemoths/

I think TTI makes ridgid and kobalt. Or at least same odm. For the tools iv compared closely they be exactly other than colors and badge.

Most things with moving parts have Failure modes engineered to happen sooner or later on cheaper brands. That way we have to buy new widgets every few years and parts not serviceable, or unable to buy as no longer available or part costs half the price or more of a new widget. vs back in the day it would last 30y+ or be able to fix it.

I miss old school craftsman, And getting a free new hand tool at sears( don't even have one of those anymore in my state) when it broke. Now it's about the same quality I get from harbor freight.

Time to go find that 11mm socket that went into the worm hole again. I know it will show up again at some point.

Very inetresting links, mate, thanks for it

RC Enthusiast
    MIP are made entirely in USA.

https://www.miponline.com/MIP-RC-Tools

RC Champion
    MIP are made entirely in USA.

https://www.miponline.com/MIP-RC-Tools
    Of course, mate, and they made great tools.