RC poster

Rough Idea of value on this?

Any thoughts on what I may be able to sell all of this for? I am going to go to some smaller scale cars and would like to take the $ from this to get started. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

https://imgur.com/a/FzTEqba

Hmmm... I would say around the $500 range?
    Last edited by RCWilly; 09-08-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Wow really? I was just getting ready to advertise it all for $350

I mean just the truck you should expect at least 250 to 300. Id say 450 to 500 as well

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Awesome, thank you guys. I will get it listed

No way that you're getting $500 for it. For one, it's an older Stampede 4x4 VXL, the original version. Same model I bought back in 2010 or so. You can tell from the lack of exposed capacitors on the VXL-3S ESC that it is the older 2-pole brushless system, which is not as good as the newer 4-pole system. It also uses the older radio. I actually like that older radio design, with the larger turn knob, but I think most would probably prefer the newer radio, especially with TSM. Body is trashed in the rear around the body mount holes. No battery strap?

Used Lipos don't usually sell for much since they go bad easily if not treated right, and you never know when you're buying used. If they are as old as the truck is, that's even more reason to worry about the health of the packs.

None of the spare / upgrade parts are particularly expensive parts, so they probably won't add much value.

Keep in mind that a brand new Stampede 4x4 VXL with TSM and 4-Pole Velineon system is $399.99, so really, I think even $350 is optimistic. I think you would have a better chance in the $200-$250 range, but unless you are in a rush, you might as well put it up for sale for a higher price first and see if you get any bites.

New Stampede VXL 4x4 w/TQI and TSM: $400 (Newer model radio gear)
    Traxxas 3741A: $22
    2x Traxxas 6852x: $20
    Traxxas 6828x: $4
    2x RPM arms: $24
    Retail Total: $470

I consider used LiPo batteries as an extra, because of unknown history. They could be bad or they could be good.

I think $500 is going to be a stretch.

Edit: I agree with GotNoRice. Try $350 and go from there.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 09-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C0ach78 View Post
    Wow really? I was just getting ready to advertise it all for $350
    Well i would say you were closer at this number

RC poster
    I do have the battery strap, it just wasn't on there in the pic. The body got smashed in a move so it is kind of rough. Batteries are no where near as old as the truck, but I understand what you are saying about them not adding a ton of value. I put it up for $450. If there aren't any hits soon I will drop it down to $350. Don't want to get rich off of it, but don't want to give it away either.

thanks for all of the input everyone, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by C0ach78 View Post
    I do have the battery strap, it just wasn't on there in the pic. The body got smashed in a move so it is kind of rough. Batteries are no where near as old as the truck, but I understand what you are saying about them not adding a ton of value. I put it up for $450. If there aren't any hits soon I will drop it down to $350. Don't want to get rich off of it, but don't want to give it away either.

thanks for all of the input everyone, I appreciate it.
    Thats why were here. And it never hurts to shoot high. People will offer what they want to offer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Normally expect half of what you have in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would normally start from a high price, and then lower it from there, because if you accidentally make it too low, then you won't get any more chances to change the price of it, and you'll likely end up selling it at a lower price. Something that I try to do is don't lower the initial price unless you want to get rid of it fast.

Also, I would say that your truck is in a pretty good condition (no big issues with it, as far as I can tell).

btw: if you are going to list it on eBay, you can also turn on the make offer option for the buyer to see what they want to offer for the truck.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.