RC Competitor

Motor Cooling upgrades?

Hello forums. Is there any better way I can cool down the maxx motor? As it seems the single fan isnít quite strong enough to cool it down to my likings. I am running stock gearing with the wide kit installed, however Iíve swapped out the maxx esc for a hobby wing Max6. If thereís a dual fan kit out there that will work with this motor, please let me know! And I hope everyoneís enjoying their Mini Maxxes as much as I am!

RC poster
    I have a Maxx with Steel axles . Pretty much stock I’ve also had the same issue of the motor easily getting hot . I was told I should never drive hotter than 140F so I don’t fry the Motor ?? If true ... what are some key tips & pointers for a beginner with a Maxx4s . I ran the Maxx with the body off and seen some crazy results .

“Removed the Body and did runs w/o body noticed the temperature drop a lot faster and not heat as quick”

I’ve owned it for less than a month and really considering drilling holes that’ll have air flow through out the body that help with air flow through out the truck.

RC Competitor
    That could work. Try it and let me know how it goes!

RC Competitor
    Are you confirming that the fan is actually running? I ran my Maxx on the beach the other day, and it gets locked with sand and little pieces of grass. Running a lot of full throttle on 4S with stock gearing, the motor barely gets warm.

Lately, I'm finding that full throttle speed on stock gearing with 4S leads to the stock tires ballooning and resulting "speed wobbles". I'm going to gear down from 24T to 22T for the pinion, to keep the top speed where the stock tires can handle it. That will also reduce motor temps. Alternately, you'd have to go up to belted tire$ for the truck to reasonably handle the 50 mph top speed on 4S.

I might gear down even a bit further, and I might find that neither the motor fan nor the ESC fan are needed. (then, nothing to get jammed up with sand)
    -Jeremy
    TRX-4|BL Summit|St4mpede|Aton|Maxx|Slash