Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by c7aea View Post
    I did spray the inside of the body with bed liner before my first use and maybe it helped a little, but not much.
    Bed liner just helps keep you from tearing at all your bodies outer edges. Also, you'll have better results if you use three coats of brush-on bed liner rather than the spray. The spray just doesn't go on nearly as thick. I still have/use that body (pictured above). All I did was put on that Traxxas tail gate guard when they came out. It covered up my tailgate's bad spot, and keeps it protected from getting any worse.

I'll always put that Traxxas tailgate guard on any of my new Xmaxx bodies. It works great, and I got to say between it, my body restrictors, and brush-on bed liner; my poly bodies really hold up. They do get all scratched up, but they don't tear and crack. I like the the idea of the Proline indestructible bodies, but I like the customizing abilities of a standard poly body better.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-12-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Enthusiast
    I just checked and to OPs point my bed paint is also off center too. I never even noticed it.

This is the major body damage after the first 4 uses of the truck.

Iíd like to find a way to help it from getting worse.

Iím doing a complete teardown this afternoon. So far Iíve found one slightly bent shock shaft. Which I was able to straighten out well enough I think but will probably end up ordering something stronger. An upper suspension arm pin was half out

I replaced the lower pins with RPM before the first run. Iíll probably end up doing the top now too.
    A lower steering block pin was also out

Which bent the block and put enough stress to cause discoloring of the plastic. So Iíll have to order those.

Overall Iím super impressed with the amount of abuse this thing has taken and Iím not even sure how itís all stayed together. I must have run it a bit with those pins out.

RC Racer
    Both of mine are less than impressive.

Not overly concerned about it. Still though, at $100 a pop, you think they would have a bit better quality control.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post

Front restrictor "L" bracket:

Rear restrictor "U" bracket:

Nice work. Can you post the dimensions?

Sure, I'll take a look at my Xmaxx when I get a chance. I don't remember the dimensions off the top of my head.

They are 3 1/2 inches long. The walls are 1/2 inches high, and the bottoms are 3/4 inches wide. You can get what you need from Home Deepot.

RC Enthusiast
    Ahhhhhh

All better!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by c7aea View Post
    I did spray the inside of the body with bed liner before my first use and maybe it helped a little, but not much.
    Anyone ever tried using liquid rubber products, like flex seal or plastidip? Results?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Spechal View Post
    Anyone ever tried using liquid rubber products, like flex seal or plastidip? Results?
    I have plastidip paint, but never did try to use it in the body shell, you give me a possible idea.

I like the Duct Tape. It gives your body a touch of class all Xmaxx's should have. (lol)

RC Champion
    I like the Duct Tape. It gives your body a touch of class all Xmaxx's should have. (lol)
    A touch of industrial class.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    A touch of industrial class.
    (lol) A touch of working man industrial class.

Neither here nor there, but I believe these are not sprayed, but rather a technique where the plastic is printed on then vacuum formed, a misaligned buck would cause this.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Neither here nor there, but I believe these are not sprayed, but rather a technique where the plastic is printed on then vacuum formed, a misaligned buck would cause this.
    Either way, someone was cross-eyed in the process and I'm sure they will find a way to blame machines rather than humans so someone can still keep their job.

Regardless, it is still someones job to make sure the machines are set up right and obviously that didn't happen or they somehow feel that this isn't a flaw.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

My understanding is that the paint is silk screened onto the bodies.

RC Champion
    (lol) A touch of working man industrial class.
    Of course, mate.

My understanding is that the paint is silk screened onto the bodies.
    Possibly, but before being formed...silkscreening needs a flat surface.

https://youtu.be/LWOZUj6aI28
    Last edited by USMC1984; 09-26-2020 at 07:38 AM.

RC Champion

https://hackaday.com/2016/05/04/crea...***rmed-parts/
    Good link mate, thanks.

Also, another thing I wanted to point out other than someone being cross-eyed in the process that produced misaligned final results on the body, is that on every production line whether it is manual labor or machine produced; their is a quality inspector (human) that must give the final approval before the batch is released.

So if I was the quality inspector at the end of the production line and I saw these truck bodies with misaligned schemes at the end of the production line; I wouldn't keep letting them roll off the production line looking like that; yet alone go out the door for sale.

Not only did the OP post his truck body but another member also posted two of his looking less than stellar. So if this has been going on that long, they better check to see if that person at the end of the production line is still alive because you would either have to be dead or completely incompetent to keep allowing a quality production issue of this magnitude continue without intervention.

It would be the equivalent of someone being at the end of a production line that produces red rubber balls that is supposed to make sure the batch is red instead of blue; but during the interview for the job position, someone forgot to ask if they were color blind and the person is left believing that them being round is good enough because they are indeed what they call a ball.

It is the same thing really, and to think someone is actually looking at these truck bodies coming off the line looking like this and being O.K. with it because, well.......... it looks like a truck body and that's good enough; then what is the point of having a color scheme on them at all if it can't be aligned correctly?
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 09-26-2020 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Spelling.

https://youtu.be/LWOZUj6aI28
    Makes sense that bodies would be formed after being silkscreened. When I was a kid, I used to help my older brother make silkscreened tee-shirts. We used to make all the silkscreens by hand; one for each color. It was a lot of work. Now, though, I'm sure they have machines that do all that kind of stuff.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Also, another thing I wanted to point out other than someone being cross-eyed in the process that produced misaligned final results on the body, is that on every production line whether it is manual labor or machine produced; their is a quality inspector (human) that must give the final approval before the batch is released.

So if I was the quality inspector at the end of the production line and I saw these truck bodies with misaligned schemes at the end of the production line; I wouldn't keep letting them roll off the production line looking like that; yet alone go out the door for sale.

Not only did the OP post his truck body but another member also posted two of his looking less than stellar. So if this has been going on that long, they better check to see if that person at the end of the production line is still alive because you would either have to be dead or completely incompetent to keep allowing a quality production issue of this magnitude continue without intervention.

It would be the equivalent of someone being at the end of a production line that produces red rubber balls that is supposed to make sure the batch is red instead of blue; but during the interview for the job position, someone forgot to ask if they were color blind and the person is left believing that them being round is good enough because they are indeed what they call a ball.

It is the same thing really, and to think someone is actually looking at these truck bodies coming off the line looking like this and being O.K. with it because, well.......... it looks like a truck body and that's good enough; then what is the point of having a color scheme on them at all if it can't be aligned correctly?
    I agree with this.
    These aren't some 20 dollar walmart rcs here. For the price, the body should be mint. Traxxas should have sent him a new one, regardless if it will be trashed eventually. An unfortunate example of poor quality control and poor customer service.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    I agree with this.
    These aren't some 20 dollar walmart rcs here. For the price, the body should be mint. Traxxas should have sent him a new one, regardless if it will be trashed eventually. An unfortunate example of poor quality control and poor customer service.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm not even sure if the OP reached out to customer support regarding this (oh, wait a minute; yes he did and was told they are all like that)--Mine isn't!.......at any rate;

The sad thing is, these are manufactured and produced outside the country (according to the box label) and when the Traxxas warehouse got them, they had two choices once this went public. The first choice would have been for Traxxas to take a gamble and hope that only so many were like that or return possibly 1,000 units (or how many ever they get at a time) and eat a loss of almost 1 million for the quarter on the books.

The thing I don't know, is if when the warehouse receives the units, if they are already wrapped and the Traxxas warehouse can't inspect what is going on without unwrapping them. In other words, I don't know if they are boxing the units at the warehouse of they get them already completely boxed.

In either case, it would be a tough call for the floor manager at the Traxxas warehouse to make a decision on this because they got burned first by the supplier and then had to make a decision if it was O.K. to pass this on to the customer in said condition.

It really makes you wonder who is more guilty for allowing the units to continue being sold like that once it goes public.

Honestly, I side with Traxxas on this one regardless if the units are boxed up already or not; because lets face it, Traxxas got burned first by the supplier; however, Traxxas not putting a stop to it right away is their own fault. Plus they decided obviously to keep selling the units in said condition so I guess the final decision was that since it did not have any effect on performance, it wasn't a problem.

That is just the way the business world works now I guess because everything is based on mass quantity and the quality at some point has to take a hit.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 09-26-2020 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Specification alert!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12