Servo saver shot?

Hows everyone doing?

I think my hd servo saver spring may be bad. I have had the spring since mid June.

When just the servo is connected operation looks to be fine. Video is linked below Link 1
    Now...
    When I connect the steering linkage and everything else except toe links just the bellcrank and cover is screwed into place the servo horn goes offset.Video is linked below Link 2

If you listen on video 2 you may be able to hear a Squeal sound possibly coming from the servo saver also before today when the truck was just sitting wheels elevated the servo would be buzzing even though the wheels were elevated.

I think the servo saver could be contributing to my steering pulling issue that I been having because it was possibly going bad

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Link 1 https://youtu.be/SiTwEz5IIS8
    Link 2 https://youtu.be/81e5Qk_bZpM

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I can see whatever screw you have been using is to long on servo horn as u can see the rub marks. Is this still long or been fixed.

Servo making a hum is just trying to get back to center but can't.

Is your trim zeroed and tsm off?

May just need to reseat horn and or adjust the linkage to servo savor to get steering straight. I want to say horn should be offset 7 towards rear to make links straight. Manual says something about this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I can see whatever screw you have been using is to long on servo horn as u can see the rub marks. Is this still long or been fixed.

Servo making a hum is just trying to get back to center but can't.

Is your trim zeroed and tsm off?

May just need to reseat horn and or adjust the linkage to servo savor to get steering straight. I want to say horn should be offset 7 towards rear to make links straight. Manual says something about this.

Thanks, The screw issue has been fixed. I was testing a aluminum horn because the plastic horn kept stripping. The screw was scraping on the chassis.

The hum/buzz is when the wheels are elevated and on the ground. Never really looked to see if centering.

My trim is zeroed tsm completely off.

Just checked the manual gonna try this and let you know... I was wrong the whole time with aligning the servo. I should really start reading manuals, LOL

Manuals do help a lot. Sometimes they give very crucial information thats easier to find on your own, than to ask for help and wait hours or even days for a response.

But sometimes, certain things are nice to get an opinion on. Like how people set their gear mesh for example.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Yes very correct good point made.

Steps I took
    1) readjusted the steering linkage to 31.8mm according to traxxas manual
    2) Adjusted everything according to manual even the 7 degrees offset towards rear
    3) Inspected my servo gears took it apart looked for stripped gears. No stripped gears found, also did a operation test with cover off gears returned back to center
    4) Put new servo saver spring in there, symptoms remain

Problems remaining
    1) The stock servo horn, teeth are almost gone so the horn has a little play... could be contributing???
    2) Did the 7 degrees offset, servo horn still going left and right but not returning to the 7 degree offset.

Also really weird question but could the skid plate and/or the steering mount the piece the bellcrank swivels on go bad and cause these issues?

My Setup
    Hot racing steering bellcrank... bellcrank is still fine no damage
    HD Servo saver

Is servo horn has worn down teeth. Good chance your problem is this. As it will start skipping teeth on the servo spline.

Get a new horn. Also set your servo end points. Tsm must be off!!!!!!!! Before setting To end before the mechanical limits of the saver arm. This will prevent you from stripping horn teeth.

And may be why yours stripped as bellcrank hit physical limits and servo kept pushing. Till it slipped teeth on horn.

I'm on of those weirdo that does read the manuals and instructions.... Then promptly throw out and forget

Makes sense. I was thinking since the teeth are almost gone. The force of the bellcrank turning causes the servo horn to skip teeth and the servo horn cannot return to the original position as it should because of the horn skipping teeth.