RC Competitor

Active suspension trx6/4

Hey guys I have an idea for active suspension to complete my race trx6 and i need help with the servo burning out or being too stiff thoughts?

Active suspension scx10 https://youtu.be/9ynjglfqH04

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jemelumadu2 View Post
    Hey guys I have an idea for active suspension to complete my race trx6 and i need help with the servo burning out or being too stiff thoughts?

Active suspension scx10 https://youtu.be/9ynjglfqH04

Mate, I see this systems, years ago, from a Spanish company, they only develop the system for the Axial SCX10 II, but if you want to know more, there is the links.

https://www.matsucarsrc.com/index.php

https://www.ebay.es/str/matsucarsstore

That is so cool.. I cant wait to see how this pans out.

Will it work like an adjustable suspension system? Like a lift? Should you be able to make them work by the touch of a button on your transmitter? Maybe each servo on a different switch?

Im following this for sure.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Mate, I see this systems, years ago, from a Spanish company, they only develop the system for the Axial SCX10 II, but if you want to know more, there is the links.

https://www.matsucarsrc.com/index.php

https://www.ebay.es/str/matsucarsstore
    I know I wanted to link it if anyone is interested

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    That is so cool.. I cant wait to see how this pans out.

Will it work like an adjustable suspension system? Like a lift? Should you be able to make them work by the touch of a button on your transmitter? Maybe each servo on a different switch?

Im following this for sure.

It can lift all the way or lift one side to prevent flips and its going to be hooked up to a ardunio in my case my 6x6 race car has ground effect and u want it to be level so it can suck itself to the ground and not fly away

A shorter servo arm will give you more "leverage" (I'm not sure what the exact term is, but it's not necessarily leverage) and it will stress the servo less, but will offer less difference in height between full lift and full drop. A longer servo arm will supply more lift, but more stress for your servo.

You can unstiffen the suspension by tuning the shocks, you'll want a stiff servo so the shocks are doing the articulation, not the servo, so it doesn't get stressed out.

You can link the servos to a gyro so if the truck leans right, the servos can auto correct and lift the right side slightly to counteract the roll. You might need a separate receiver for this because 1 receiver might not be able to handle so many servos.

Mounts of the servo can be made with a 3D printer and some skill in CAD
    Last edited by TITANIUM94010; 09-10-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    A shorter servo arm will give you more "leverage" (I'm not sure what the exact term is, but it's not necessarily leverage) and it will stress the servo less, but will offer less difference in height between full lift and full drop. A longer servo arm will supply more lift, but more stress for your servo.

You can unstiffen the suspension by tuning the shocks, you'll want a stiff servo so the shocks are doing the articulation, not the servo, so it doesn't get stressed out.
    Hmm I'm planning for lighter shock oil for less stress on the servo and I'm running a fan on the servo

RC Competitor
    look at linear actuators and stepper motors, a servo is a bad choice for this application because it constantly has to work to maintain its position

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    look at linear actuators and stepper motors, a servo is a bad choice for this application because it constantly has to work to maintain its position
    Cooling my brudda

RC Champion
    As the brand says, the system is like a gyro for the suspenssion, to avoid side falls and maintain level in the car.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    As the brand says, the system is like a gyro for the suspenssion, to avoid side falls and maintain level in the car.
    That's what I'm doing

You'll probably want heavy shock oil so there isn't too much body roll at speed. Don't worry about the stress of the servos, as long as you use good ones, they'll be fine.

RC Competitor
    You'll probably want heavy shock oil so there isn't too much body roll at speed. Don't worry about the stress of the servos, as long as you use good ones, they'll be fine.
    Oh makes sense but I'm using a anti roll bar

I was thinking about this too. The stress of the servo. But how is it going to work with a 1 way switch? Like just up and down. How will you get heights in between all the way up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I was thinking about this too. The stress of the servo. But how is it going to work with a 1 way switch? Like just up and down. How will you get heights in between all the way up or down?

If it's linked to a gyro and programmed/set up correctly, it should be able to slightly autocorrect when needed and have full lift and drop too by toggle.

If it's linked to a gyro and programmed/set up correctly, it should be able to slightly autocorrect when needed and have full lift and drop too by toggle.
    Thats sick.. Im looking forward to seeing how this pans out.