2wd Slash Tire Recommendations

Im in the market for a new set of 2.2 pre mounted tires and wheels.

Im looking at getting the Duratrax Sixpack tires and wheels from amain. I don't want the stock bfgs that come on the truck just because they wore out so fast it seemed like..

Edit: I should probably add in that i drive mostly on low grass and dirt/gravel.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Calebs0615; 09-11-2020 at 12:44 PM.

RC Champion
    The Sixpacks would be a great Tire for your driving conditions.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was looking at the tread on my badlands and i loved how those grabbed. I wanted to get something close to that. I was also thinking about just getting a smaller badland but i want something different.

RC Qualifier
    2.2 sandpaws on rpm wheels, love them have three sets, last forever, dont really balloon, great in dirt , grass , sand ...
    I do balance them for sure , the take some work though, gluing , balancing ... put holes in them to let dirt out....

Im not sure about a sand paw.. I just think thats too aggressive. I do drive on most every terrain including tar and cement.

I feel like they'd wear quickly. But to have a set on hand would be nice for snow and what not.

RC Qualifier
    its a shame you cant get Geolanders anymore, Ive been reluctant to thrash the only set I have, luckily they have held up well for the past 12 years.

12 years!? Thats awesome.. Is that with 3s?

If i buy front tires for a 4x4 truck on all four corners, wont it give me a small offset?

RC Qualifier
    4x4 front and rears are the same as 2wd rears. The 2wd fronts have more offset. Using 2wd fronts on a 4x4 will give you a wider track.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    if you want a good set of tires the majority of people will say badlands but i find they go bald way to quickly and they wreck ur body to much from the lugs which happened to me on my 4x4.
    it also depends what your driving style is if u like sliding around on gravel or short grass or even dirt and road go with something that has more of a road pattern, such as gladiator tires from proline.
    Or if you like having lots of grip go with trencher X from proline which have wider lugs and more aggressive and will grip more.

IF you get trenchers you'll understand the name

Another good set of tires is duratrax lockups which have a very aggressive tree pattern either tire would be ideal. Its all about trying different things to see what u like

604Slash 4x4
    Gone Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    4x4 front and rears are the same as 2wd rears. The 2wd fronts have more offset. Using 2wd fronts on a 4x4 will give you a wider track.

Oh sheet. My truck is 2wd. Oh well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 604Slash4x4 View Post
    if you want a good set of tires the majority of people will say badlands but i find they go bald way to quickly and they wreck ur body to much from the lugs which happened to me on my 4x4.
    it also depends what your driving style is if u like sliding around on gravel or short grass or even dirt and road go with something that has more of a road pattern, such as gladiator tires from proline.
    Or if you like having lots of grip go with trencher X from proline which have wider lugs and more aggressive and will grip more.

IF you get trenchers you'll understand the name

Another good set of tires is duratrax lockups which have a very aggressive tree pattern either tire would be ideal. Its all about trying different things to see what u like

604Slash 4x4
    Gone Bashing
    My bad lands have barely worn. Ive been bashing with them for probably 3 or 4 months now and i still have atleast 75% tread. You can see the nubs in the lugs still.

And yes thats kind of why i want to try a different tire. Just to see what kind of difference it will make.

This is what im going with. 2 sets of these. They're fronts so i should have the same offset all around right?

I know I said I wanted 2.2s, i know these are 2.8s. They're almost half the weight of a belted badland so im hoping i wont have a big axle issue like before.

Sorry i keep posting but i keep finding out more info. I figured out that they have a "MT" or an "ST." The MT is 2.6 inches wide. And the ST is 1.9. Im thinking if i get that big wide MT its going to rub bad and or keep breaking axles. I'm for sure staying with the ST.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Oh sheet. My truck is 2wd. Oh well. Thank you.

No problem, just wanted to make it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    No problem, just wanted to make it clear.

I very much appreciate it. I would hate to buy a set of tires and have the front or rear stick out further than the other.