RC poster

Anyone having issues?

I have had mine for 2 weeks just mild
    Bashing in the grass. So far broke axle, bent shock and now went to run it and it will not steer. It sounds like it wants to steer but it grinds. My sons slash he has had for 4 yrs has been bullet proof but not to sure about this new rc.

RC poster
    Stripped servo gears or bell horn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2400kv motor in the Hoss is on another level compared to the smaller 3500kv motor that probably came with your son's slash. The motor in the Hoss 4x4 is the same motor that is in the Maxx (a 9.7lbs vehicle), but the Hoss 4x4 only weighs 6.3 pounds... So drive it with the knowledge that the motor is relatively overpowered for this particular truck, and resist the temptation to be aggressive with the throttle.

It does sound like you might have stripped the gears in your servo. Use this as an opportunity to replace them with metal gears. It's cheap and easy.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2072X

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    The 2400kv motor in the Hoss is on another level compared to the smaller 3500kv motor that probably came with your son's slash. The motor in the Hoss 4x4 is the same motor that is in the Maxx (a 9.7lbs vehicle), but the Hoss 4x4 only weighs 6.3 pounds... So drive it with the knowledge that the motor is relatively overpowered for this particular truck, and resist the temptation to be aggressive with the throttle.

It does sound like you might have stripped the gears in your servo. Use this as an opportunity to replace them with metal gears. It's cheap and easy.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2072X
    Thanks for the feedback. I will order that other servo!

The Hoss has exposed wheels and shocks, while the Slash has fully enclosed fenders, and a massive bumper front and rear and a body shell that covers everything. You have to be more careful crashing the Hoss. It's like the difference between open wheel and Nascar.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    I put a new servo in but how do I program it now? It is not a traxxas one but a better metal one

RC poster
    Well I got the servo fixed took it for a run and blew out the rear axles. This not a reliable rc car. The parts are not built to handle the power by any means. It did this while doing auto correct in the grass
    Last edited by Rich74; 09-15-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich74 View Post
    I put a new servo in but how do I program it now?
    There is nothing to program. It should just work. This is a good procedure to follow:

-Make sure that the servo is plugged into Channel 1 of your receiver.
    -Make sure that the steering trim on your controller is set to default/center/neutral.
    -WITHOUT the servo horn attached to the servo, turn your truck on. The servo should reset to default (center) position, if it wasn't there already. Turn the truck back off.
    -Connect the servo horn, with your wheels as centered as possible.
    -Turn the truck back on, give it a test drive, adjust steering trim on controller until it drives perfectly straight.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich74 View Post
    Well I got the servo fixed took it for a run and blew out the rear axles. This not a reliable rc car. The parts are not built to handle the power by any means. It did this while doing auto correct in the grass
    The self righting system is notorious for breaking parts. It's been advised that it's better not to use it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    The self righting system is notorious for breaking parts. It's been advised that it's better not to use it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I've heard the same from Xmaxx owners.

The Hoss does kind of seem like a parts money-pit for the unexperienced driver.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The Hoss does kind of seem like a parts money-pit for the unexperienced driver.
    I suspect when self righting, the combination of the 2400kv motor and the center diff is causing one end of the car to have its drive shafts spin much faster and in turn catch traction and reverse with much more force than the stampede 4x4 ever did with its 3500kv motor and slipper clutch.

RC Champion
    The Self Righting feature makes me cringe, can't imagine it being good for diffs
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate 2400kv

RC Competitor
    Same issues Iím having. I replaced the servo with a metal geared one, upgraded the shocks and now Iím breaking control arms. When it holds together itís a blast but itís always something else with this truck.
    Last edited by Craigeoh; 09-25-2020 at 10:30 AM.