RC poster

Traxxas Stampede 4X4 VXL Motor or ESC Issue.

so i have taken a bunch of stuff apart and to me nothing looks wrong, i can not look inside the esc because it is filled with epoxy tho. i have found sometimes forwards does not work at all and when you attempt reverse the motor stays still in place and you can not spin it as though the break is activated and when there is no throttle its free spinning. the blue (a) and yellow (b) wires also seem to be repelling each other when you put it in reverse when it seems that the break engages only. when forwards does work reverse acts the same as when forwards does not work where it seems as though the break is engaged and forwards will sometimes randomly seem to engage the break. when im saying it seems like the break is engaging im meaning it feels like holding magnets near each other and trying to push negative ends together kind of.

I would set the throttle trim on the controller to neutral and then re-calibrate your ESC.

RC poster
    ive never messed with my throttle trim and ive set the esc a few times now

RC poster
    this is what im left with after yet another calibration https://youtu.be/Fa5G8S9PcoM