Thread: photo help

photo help

what are you using to upload photos on this site ? to place an add it has to be a URL ........ thanks .. steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

I use dropbox then replace the dl=0 off the end with raw=1 and use the [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfcbtlsp0c...front.jpg?dl=0

I can't recall what dropbox allows for free, but it's enough to cover my needs for a while.

imgur.com is also free, just not as easy to categorize things.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

I use the TapTalk app on my phone & tablet, so there's no need to upload photos to a separate site, and then create/copy/paste a link into your post. With TapTalk, you just upload the photos directly within TapTalk. For URLs, TapTalk is intelligent enough to know what you typed is a URL, and it creates a clickable link automatically. Best of all, with TapTalk, you can access multiple forums through the app (I currently access 6 forums, 4 of which are RC-related).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Most of the time I use Flickr, its free with limited space; I have a lot of photos on there, and am a long ways from using up the free storage. I like this site because it is easy to organize the photos.

For posting photos that I really don't care about being able to access later, I use Tapatalk. Its free and it works. It acts like you are posting the pictures directly to the forum, but your are actually using Tapatalk's site as a photo host. The only trick to it is having to create a Tapatalk account (not the same as your Traxxas account).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    I recently found https://imgbb.com/ -- no watermarks.

After you upload the image, you can click it and then click the BB Code. Copy and paste the [ url ] to [ / url ] part and you should be good.

I use Flickr same as Greatscott. I use a desktop computer and I found it to be easy. After you upload your picture, when you go to share the photo it gives you a BBcode. Then copy/paste here.

thank you all . ............... steve
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

I use the tapatalk app on my phone. Its pretty easy. Except you don't get an excellent quality photo without paying a whole dollar per month.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I use the TapTalk app on my phone & tablet, so there's no need to upload photos to a separate site, and then create/copy/paste a link into your post. With TapTalk, you just upload the photos directly within TapTalk. For URLs, TapTalk is intelligent enough to know what you typed is a URL, and it creates a clickable link automatically. Best of all, with TapTalk, you can access multiple forums through the app (I currently access 6 forums, 4 of which are RC-related).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Tapatalk for the win!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Most of the time I use Flickr, its free with limited space; I have a lot of photos on there, and am a long ways from using up the free storage. I like this site because it is easy to organize the photos.

For posting photos that I really don't care about being able to access later, I use Tapatalk. Its free and it works. It acts like you are posting the pictures directly to the forum, but your are actually using Tapatalk's site as a photo host. The only trick to it is having to create a Tapatalk account (not the same as your Traxxas account).
    I signed up....and so far faultless

I got burned way too many times over the years, and have seen it happen to many others, using "free" services to host pictures. Services like photobucket and others who allowed image hosting for free until they decided to extort their users into paying subscription fees by replacing all of their images with low-res watermarked versions until they pay up. Now when you go into old threads you see tons of images that are either broken, or low-resolution watermarked versions of their former selves.

I now host my own webserver using my own internet connection and my own domain name. Any time I want to post an image I just transfer it over to my webserver and then post a link. I don't have to worry about what will happen to my images when a "free" service stops being free.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I use Flickr same as Greatscott. I use a desktop computer and I found it to be easy. After you upload your picture, when you go to share the photo it gives you a BBcode. Then copy/paste here.
    That’s what I use. The only rub is I don’t know of a way to get that BBcode on the tablet app or mobile app, which is kind of a drag when I take photos with my phone.

I use ImageShack Premium for $18.99 a year. Has unlimited space. You can select different codes for S, M, and L photos. I use it for work mostly, but have a lot of "hobby" images there too. For about $1.50 a month, I can manage that. When I post, I'm usually on a PC, Tablet, or Laptop anyway, and have never used my phone, but they have an app for that too if I need to use it.
    Last edited by NitroBugg; 09-15-2020 at 08:57 PM.