Thread: Tire warmers

RC Racer

Tire warmers

So I just got the 4-Tec 2.0 VXL and it is very squirrelly at even just 30mph. I have great control and traction with my Slash 2wd VXL at 45mph. I just found out tire warmers existed (since it's not really feasible to warm them on the track in the traditional way). Does anyone have any experience with tire warmers? I know I need to replace the stock tires to get more grip, but this crossed my mind.

https://www.skyrc.com/SKYRC_Tire_Warmer

Hm. I feel like it should be stable at 30mph with either cold or warm tires. That it built for high speed.

Do you have a suspension problem? Or maybe an alignment issue? Have you done any recent work on the car?

Nonetheless, a tire warmer would help save your tires for sure. I feel like trying to burn them to heat them up isn't the most efficient idea. Maybe the fastest.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Hm. I feel like it should be stable at 30mph with either cold or warm tires. That it built for high speed.

Do you have a suspension problem? Or maybe an alignment issue? Have you done any recent work on the car?

Nonetheless, a tire warmer would help save your tires for sure. I feel like trying to burn them to heat them up isn't the most efficient idea. Maybe the fastest.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    It's a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL and is stock; I just picked it up today. All I've done is adjust the body mounts and added a body. The tires just feel very hard.

Edit: I did add shock preloaders because the ones that came on there let everything just giggle around.
    Last edited by Spechal; 09-14-2020 at 07:40 PM.

I'd say the stock 4 Tec 2.0 is pretty squirmy at high speeds with the stock tires, they are more for drifting around on asphalt. Even if they are warmed, I don't think it would be much of an improvement.

If you are doing speed runs, or running it at high speeds, better tires would help a lot, and a locked spool in place of the front diff would also help with the stability.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    I'd say the stock 4 Tec 2.0 is pretty squirmy at high speeds with the stock tires, they are more for drifting around on asphalt. Even if they are warmed, I don't think it would be much of an improvement.

If you are doing speed runs, or running it at high speeds, better tires would help a lot, and a locked spool in place of the front diff would also help with the stability.
    Yeah, I am going to see what foams and stickies the LHS has tomorrow. Thanks for the insight.