RC Competitor

Question Lots Of Questions

Hi guys,
    I have a lot of questions, but i figured I'll just make one thread so I don't spam the forum.

1. On a aluminum motor mount, do you have to thread lock the motor to the motor moun

2. How do you remove a stripped screw?

3. Would a traxxas hoss center differential work for high powered slash builds? (1/8 scale motor)

Thanks for the help in advance!

I have a solution for number 2.

What I do is this. I grind a straight slit in the head of the screw and use a flat head to pull it out. Then put a new screw in.

As for number 1, I ALWAYS put thread locker on screws that go into metal. Just cause they seem to back out on me. The only ones that never have are the screws that hold my motor in. But i have a 2wd model.

And number 3, i don't know. Somebody with experience will give you a good answer.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

For question 1, it is best to use threadlock on metal to metal parts.

For question 2, it really depends on the type of screw and its location. Sometimes, using superglue to glue the hex of the screw to the hex wrench is the most effective way.

For question 3, it will work. I have not tried it, but according to the Traxxas Website, it should fit. Here's the link: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6780
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    For question 2, it really depends on the type of screw and its location. Sometimes, using superglue to glue the hex of the screw to the hex wrench is the most effective way.
    Wow. Im gonna keep this in mind. I never thought of that.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    #1 Only use blue thread lock. Wont need a ton, just a small drop enough to coat a couple 2-3 threads is plenty. Anything stronger isn't needed and can be a huge pain to remove.

#2 Depending on how stripped is stripped? What size screw is stripped? 1.5mm screws are notorious for stripping out. Best bet is to use really sharp drivers. My personal favorite are the MIP drivers. Their 1.5mm driver is a must have in any RC tool kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibl View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a lot of questions, but i figured I'll just make one thread so I don't spam the forum.

1. On a aluminum motor mount, do you have to thread lock the motor to the motor moun

2. How do you remove a stripped screw?

3. Would a traxxas hoss center differential work for high powered slash builds? (1/8 scale motor)

Thanks for the help in advance!
    1. Agree, blue Loctite

2. Depends on if its the head that's stripped, or the threads. If its the head, several good suggestions have been offered. If its the threads, then that "may" be a little harder to fix.

3. See post#3

RC Racer
    #3 - I have the all metal version of that diff (it’s the optional upgrade for the Hoss as it has metal gear with plastic cup). I don’t have an 1/8th scale motor but I can say the part is very solid - I guess you’d hope so for $75. I wouldn’t be afraid to throw a 1/8th scale motor at it.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasithinkin View Post

#2 Depending on how stripped is stripped? What size screw is stripped? 1.5mm screws are notorious for stripping out. Best bet is to use really sharp drivers. My personal favorite are the MIP drivers. Their 1.5mm driver is a must have in any RC tool kit.
    Agree! Buy a good set of drivers and you won't have to deal with #2. MIPS FTW!! I bought a set when I 1st got into RC over 5 yrs ago....have yet to strip a hex. Got a set of their speed drivers as well.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I've got rounded out screws out with MIP's driver when other brands couldn't.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk