RC poster

Stampede engine will not engage wheels

The wheels spin when the truck is lifted off the ground. When on the ground the engine only wheezes loudly the more I pull the trigger. No reverse either. Very light use...no big crashes. Worked perfectly fine then all of a sudden decided not to engage the wheels.

Any ideas or troubleshooting steps you guys can recommend?

-B

RC Competitor
    Sounds like your spur gear is stripped. $11 part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Check your slipper clutch. Just sounds loose. Make sure your wheel hexes are not rounded off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I took it apart and the spur gear was stripped. Plenty of plastic shreds all over. Do you guys think I should also replace the slipper clutch or will the spur gear be sufficient?

Exactly which truck do you have? I noticed that you posted this same thread in both this section as well as the section for the 2wd Stampede. The thing is, the Stampede 4x4 and the 2wd Stampede are totally different trucks that share almost no common parts aside from the body and the front tires.

It sounds like from your other thread, talking about 48p gears, that you probably have a 2wd Stampede. The Stampede 4x4 uses 32p gears (bigger teeth). Upgrade from 48p gears to 32p gears if possible.