RC Enthusiast

Jumping with LCG

I want to get the LCG kit for my slash but wondering if I can still jump with it? Have a small launch ramp I use in the street, though even my stick with high chassis bottoms out when landing.. also, Will I lose any off road ability?

RC poster
    First off: I have a hcg 4x4 not a lcg 2wd, so this might be all wrong

I don't think that jumping would be an issue aside from less durability, since the diff plates bottom out, not the center chassis on my hcg slash. It looks like when you lower it, it brings the chassis at the same level as the diff plates, so more chassis slap, but same suspension travel. (I think) As for off road, I'm really interested as to what other people say, since I'm considering the lcg too. (Again, for my 4x4)

RC Racer
    LCG chassis mod is worth every penny. You will virtually eliminate flipping while turning. I have found the chassis to be more durable than the stock one. Adjust your shock oil weight, add some preloaders and if you want, an internal and external piston bumper and you shouldn't bottom out.

RC Racer
    The chassis survived without a dent. The body did not.

RC poster
    Okay, sorry! I clearly don't know what I'm talking about!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    Okay, sorry! I clearly don't know what I'm talking about!
    Sorry if I offended you.

You shouldn't lose any off-road capability, but probably won't clear as many higher obstacles as the chassis gets lowered about 45%. I am speaking for the 2wd, I don't own the 4wd.

RC Enthusiast
    Oh man that video lol!!

Thanks, I’m going to pick one up. I’m still new so hopefully I can install it all ha

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
    Oh man that video lol!!

Thanks, I’m going to pick one up. I’m still new so hopefully I can install it all ha
    Advice would be to do one section at a time, front and then back or vice versa. I've been in your position and to the LHS asking for help.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spechal View Post
    Sorry if I offended you.

You shouldn't lose any off-road capability, but probably won't clear as many higher obstacles as the chassis gets lowered about 45%. I am speaking for the 2wd, I don't own the 4wd.
    Oh, no, it's fine! Reading that my reply, I came across as really sarcastic, but I honestly don't know much about the lcg chassis. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posted in the first place. Also, thanks for the info on rough terrain. I might just convert mine!
    Sorry for clogging up this thread!

I want to get the LCG kit for my slash but wondering if I can still jump with it? Have a small launch ramp I use in the street, though even my stick with high chassis bottoms out when landing.. also, Will I lose any off road ability?
    The LCG kit makes it so that the chassis lines flush with the skid plate, so technically, the lowest point on the car is still at the same level. Just the chassis itself is lowered.

By bottoming out, I'm pretty sure you mean the skid plates hit the ground, so it's going to be similar in terms of

When driving on grass, you might notice more drag, since there is more surface area dragging in the grass, other than that, it might actually improve offroading since it doesn't get hung up on the rear bottom skidplate sticking out.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    Should I do anything to suspension? It’s all Stock still.
    Was thinking of losi spring set I keep reading about, but not sure what sizes to get, 2” front/2.5” rear?
    Also how do you find the right length and diameter sets?

RC Racer
    Should I do anything to suspension? It’s all Stock still.
    Was thinking of losi spring set I keep reading about, but not sure what sizes to get, 2” front/2.5” rear?
    Also how do you find the right length and diameter sets?
    The kit should come with front springs. Outside of that, I cannot comment.

Here is a decent video of the conversion process:

For the suspension, I just kept the rear stock, and installed the new front springs.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.