RC Enthusiast

Walking the X-Maxx

Anyone ever taken their X-Maxx on a walk? I live in a fairly small town and have been considering doing my 2.5 mile walk with the X-Maxx leading the way lol... add a little fun to my walk and get to run the X-Maxx as well.

Wonder how long the Traxxas 6700 Mah lipo batteries would last at a slow walking pace, and how far it would go.

RC Competitor
    I take my xmaxx on walks all the time. Really depends on how you drive it that 2.5 miles. I usually just have it "walking besides me" when i take it on walks. I use 7600 mah batteries and it can take multiple walks that way. If it was 2.5 miles of it walking with you you would be fine.

RC Champion
    Funny rides, like a crawler route.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRusty123 View Post
    I take my xmaxx on walks all the time. Really depends on how you drive it that 2.5 miles. I usually just have it "walking besides me" when i take it on walks. I use 7600 mah batteries and it can take multiple walks that way. If it was 2.5 miles of it walking with you you would be fine.
    Yup, basically it just walking right next to me or in front of me the whole time. If I see something that might be fun to play on, maybe mess with it once or twice, but keep it moving. I wanna get my walk in and get back home xD. Good to know!

RC Enthusiast
    What kind of batteries do you use? link possibly?

RC Competitor
    https://dirtcheaprc.com/shop/11-1v-7...yle-connector/
    I use these and they are really nice. Long run times and lots of power. They are out of stock at dirt cheap but I got them on amazon. You might be able to find them somewhere else.

I get about 40mins of bashing on my smc 9400mha. I've gone walking exploring a new to me big park bashing along the way. I brought my second set of 9400mha with me. Ended up breaking a a arm so still had to carry it a few blocks back to the truck.

If walking I also brink my 2x 2500mha 2s for my Merv as light weight. And I can at least limp it back home

Also perhaps bring a bit of rope so you could tow it back if needed. Xmaxx gets heavy carrying it more than a block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I get about 40mins of bashing on my smc 9400mha. I've gone walking exploring a new to me big park bashing along the way. I brought my second set of 9400mha with me. Ended up breaking a a arm so still had to carry it a few blocks back to the truck.

If walking I also brink my 2x 2500mha 2s for my Merv as light weight. And I can at least limp it back home

Also perhaps bring a bit of rope so you could tow it back if needed. Xmaxx gets heavy carrying it more than a block.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Haha! Yes, rope would be a good idea! I'm surprised quite a few people have done this, I was thinking I was kind of just a weird person that thought walking the Xmaxx would be fun hahaha

RC Enthusiast
    https://dirtcheaprc.com/shop/11-1v-7...yle-connector/
    I use these and they are really nice. Long run times and lots of power. They are out of stock at dirt cheap but I got them on amazon. You might be able to find them somewhere else.
    Those look great, any issues with reliability or puffing up? I'm still trying to get my whits about me with these Lipos xD

RC Competitor
    I never heard of anyone saying that these puff up. The only thing I needed to do when I got them was balance charge. The have no sign of puffing whatsoever. If i would get more batteries I would get these again. Lipo batteries are not as dangerous as some people think. If you use them correctly and always balance charge they will last a long time. Have fun walking your Xmaxx. I always do it. Its my big dog.

RC Racer
    Another option to consider. SMC batteries of similar spec.

http://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?...product_id=548

I am running this brand battery in a 8S set up. (2x 4S) So far they are great.

Just putting options out there.
    Last edited by afreek1000; 09-16-2020 at 03:55 PM.

RC Competitor
    Please keep in mind my xmaxx is only 6s capable. You most likely have the 8s version since you recently got it. If you get these batteries you will experience less power since they are for 6s.

RC Enthusiast
    I never heard of anyone saying that these puff up. The only thing I needed to do when I got them was balance charge. The have no sign of puffing whatsoever. If i would get more batteries I would get these again. Lipo batteries are not as dangerous as some people think. If you use them correctly and always balance charge they will last a long time. Have fun walking your Xmaxx. I always do it. Its my big dog.
    haha, love the "It's my big dog" at the end Yeah I have the 8S version, and thank you for the lipo words of wisdom. I do exactly that, even last night when I only had my batteries charged to check the status of my servo saver spring repair, I store charged them after lol. Gotta be diligent and safe

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post

Those batteries look fantastic! I love the hard shell case on both batteries you and Rusty mentioned. What connector type do I have to select for them? I have the Traxxas uhh... dual peak live charger thing lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by x96mustanggtx View Post
    Those batteries look fantastic! I love the hard shell case on both batteries you and Rusty mentioned. What connector type do I have to select for them? I have the Traxxas uhh... dual peak live charger thing lol.
    ah, I guess I would just get the Traxxas style first gen connector, and set my charger up accordingly through the link app on my phone, and hook up the balance connector. Need to do some reading on charging settings and all that so I don't do it improperly.

RC Enthusiast
    Well that was definitely different xD. went on about an hour long walk, and Vanellope took it like a champ. currently store charging my batteries and they were still pretty close to I think it's 85-90% for a store charge? So she didn't lose much juice at all! Met a dude that has an RC car and he was all excited, got surrounded by 4-5 kids that were all excited at seeing it. Good time overall

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...304/video0.mov

RC Champion

¿Anyone knows were to buy SMC batteries?, in his website don't send to international locations.

RC Racer
    Looks like eBay. Though, not sure they to international either.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Smc-Lipo/40700/bn_7023343273

RC Champion
    Looks like eBay. Though, not sure they to international either.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Smc-Lipo/40700/bn_7023343273
    Thanks for the link mate, but the batteries shown in it are only 3S, I need 4S.

RC Racer
    Of course, but what I’m saying is check eBay in general, you may find SMC in the particular battery you want.

RC Champion
    Of course, but what I’m saying is check eBay in general, you may find SMC in the particular battery you want.
    I did try to find any of 4S, but no results.