RC Enthusiast

Few suspension questions

I wanted to get a set of losi springs for front and rear to play around with setups but how do I find which ones fit a 2WD slash? Their website kinda sucks lol

Are diameters all the same? What length? I have seen reference to both 2” and 2.5”

I plan on getting LCG chassis soon too.

Finally, I want to upgrade shock shafts to the tin coated ones, what sizes are they? I have seen long, x long, and XX long mentioned.

Thank you!

RC Qualifier
    Which traxxas shocks are you looking for springs for? There are Ultra, Big Bore and GTR. Ultra and Big Bore are the same diameter and I believe Losi 22SCT springs will fit them. I have the Losi springs, I will look when I have a chance and make sure they fit and get some part #'s. I've seen the GTR's described as long and XX long.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Which traxxas shocks are you looking for springs for? There are Ultra, Big Bore and GTR. Ultra and Big Bore are the same diameter and I believe Losi 22SCT springs will fit them. I have the Losi springs, I will look when I have a chance and make sure they fit and get some part #'s. I've seen the GTR's described as long and XX long.

Thank you. The stock ultra shocks.

RC Qualifier
    I have a lot of the traxxas springs, i sold most of my trucks that used them. What trucks I have use either GTR or Powerstroke shocks. I do have one truck with Pro-specs.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a lot of the traxxas springs, i sold most of my trucks that used them. What trucks I have use either GTR or Powerstroke shocks. I do have one truck with Pro-specs.

Can the gtr shocks go on slash? Like are these just bolt on replacements?
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5460A

Are the shafts the tin coated ones?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thatryan View Post

Those are not the shocks you want for a Slash. They are for Revo/Slayer and are way too short. The shocks I bought before did not come with springs and fronts and rears were sold separately. I don't have the part numbers to give you.

The one that you linked are not for the Slash, they are too short. GTR shocks the right size fit. The front GTR shock part number is 7461X and the rear is 7462X. There are also several colors to choose from. And yes, they do come with the titanium nitride coated shafts.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    The one that you linked are not for the Slash, they are too short. GTR shocks the right size fit. The front GTR shock part number is 7461X and the rear is 7462X. There are also several colors to choose from. And yes, they do come with the titanium nitride coated shafts.
    Awesome thank you!
    What springs, same as my current stock, just transfer over?
    Are they bolt on as is or do I need to get adapter parts or transfer anything ?

RC Qualifier
    You will need GTR springs as they are a larger diameter than the ultra or big bore shocks, therefore the Losi springs will not do you any good either as they fit the ultra/big bore shocks.

RC Qualifier
    I'm at work but I can look up specs and part numbers later unless someone else can help out right now.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm at work but I can look up specs and part numbers later unless someone else can help out right now.

Just came across this but it’s several years old. Seems to say he used losi springs on gtrs... are they different now?
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post5459274

I'm pretty sure GTRs for the most part has stayed the same. Even if there were changes, it would not be as big as changing the diameter of it, so it should fit.

RC Enthusiast
    Go with GTR's. Large bore, tin coated shafts, and threaded aluminum bodies with. I was running 45wt up front, and 40wt in back with the white springs mine came with. Easy to adjust for different terrain.
    It's a night and day difference over stock suspension. Soaks up everything.
    I believe they are part #7461x, and 7462x.

RC Enthusiast
    So I built my first ramp yesterday lol here is a quick shot of the landing. Sounds hard! Lost one of the e clips on front hinge pin :/

Yep that was hard. If you add a bigger preload spacer, that should help. Also if your shocks are more angled, itll tend to slap.

Straighten your shocks vertically, if your gonna be bashing and jumping. That should help with your slap problem.

Smaller jumps would always be a good solution but who wants to hit smaller jumps?

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Pulled a shock off I was going to put aluminum caps on and two things. First what part is the hollow balls for the shock caps and lower shock mount? Are they the same?

Also this is the rebound on current two week old shock...what’s going on here lol

Pulled a shock off I was going to put aluminum caps on and two things. First what part is the hollow balls for the shock caps and lower shock mount? Are they the same?

Also this is the rebound on current two week old shock...what’s going on here lol

Haha what the... Did you open the shock? Was there any fluid in it?

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah fluid in there not sure how much I went to dinner lol

Side note, there was a small magnet on the back of the shock tower up top. Is that something that belongs somewhere? super random.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: language abuse

Side note, there was a small magnet on the back of the shock tower up top. Is that something that belongs somewhere? super random.
    Im not sure about any magnets haha.

Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: modified quote

By magnet, what do you mean? As far as I know, I don't think there is any type of magnet in the car, except in the motor.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2020 at 02:22 AM. Reason: modified quote

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    By magnet, what do you mean? As far as I know, I don't think there is any type of magnet in the car, except in the motor.
    I was thinking that. They're shouldn't be any magnets on your truck anywhere. You mightve picked one up in your travels. Who knows haha.

Does telemetry use magnets?

RC Qualifier
    I have heard of magnetic body mounts. Did you buy the truck used?

RC Enthusiast
    Lol no it’s so random! I’ll snap a pic later. I just used it to hold the battery hold down clip ��

Regarding shocks, I emptied out all 4 and there was not enough oil total to even fill one...think I bought the truck they packaged on a Friday night lol

I refilled all woth 40 weight. Have some rebound now, push in and comes out maybe 90% of the way...is that right?

It depends on how much rebound you want

I think, dont quote me on this, but i think that if you push your shock up just a bit when you fill it, that sets your rebound.