RC poster

Rustler / Slash / Bandit Interchangeable?

Hello,
    I recently bought a new Rustler. It's my 1st RC car and I love it. For the last several weeks I have been customizing it with all sorts of new parts. I pretty much replaced everything with with RPM and ST Racing parts.
    As a result I have a ton of parts that are pretty much brand new. I was thinking of buying another chassis and building a new one from the ground up with the parts I have but was wanting to do a Slash or a Bandit.
    My question is are the stock parts off of my Rustler compatible with either the Slash or the Bandit. From what I have found researching it seems my Rustler parts will be okay to use on a Slash chassis. Not so sure about the Bandit.
    Thought I would come and ask the Pros. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Yes they largely share the same parts, aside from the obvious differences such as different chassis, different body, different bumpers, etc.

RC poster
    Awesome, thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the Bandit and I want to be sure before I spend any $$. I found info on compatibility between Rustler and Slash but not so much regarding the Bandit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RPWJR View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the Bandit and I want to be sure before I spend any $$. I found info on compatibility between Rustler and Slash but not so much regarding the Bandit.
    Good call. It’s easier to buy a bandit and get rustler parts if you ever want to convert, than buying a rustler and piece together the bandit parts.

RC Qualifier
    i can say that Transmission,Suspension both front and rear plus steering all interchange......just recently threw a hodge podge of Rustler parts I had laying around onto an LCG Slash Chassis.

RC poster
    Thanks guys!

RC Racer
    If you wanted a monster truck, you could make a stampede. I would recommend this because the rustler and bandit are very similar and it would give you more versatility if you had the stampede. I also recommend the slash. But the choice is your's though, all the options are awesome! Have Fun!

RC Racer
    If you wanted a monster truck, you could make a stampede. I would recommend this because the rustler and bandit are very similar and it would give you more versatility if you had the stampede. I also recommend the slash. But the choice is your's though, all the options are awesome! Have Fun!

You could also put the stock electronics in the second car and get a brushless system in the upgraded one if it doesn't already have brushless electronics.

Sorry I don't why there are two posts, my bad!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The bandit front and rear arms, front c blocks, steering links, king pins, front axles are different than both the rustler and slash.

Slash rear arms and suspension links are different than the rustler, but share all front end components.

When I built my first bandit up, I converted over to full rustler suspension as some of the bandit specific suspension parts were not avail in the aftermarket.

It made my bandits wheel track about an inch wider.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post

You could also put the stock electronics in the second car and get a brushless system in the upgraded one if it doesn't already have brushless electronics.

Sorry I don't why there are two posts, my bad!
    I hadn't thought about a Stampede. Not sure why, but I didn't think the parts I have would fit on a Stampede. ( My Noobness shines through ) I see Rustler parts and Slash & Bandit parts mentioned together a lot so I leaning that direction. But you've changed my mind. Thanks!
    Last edited by RPWJR; 09-18-2020 at 09:41 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The bandit front and rear arms, front c blocks, steering links, king pins, front axles are different than both the rustler and slash.

Slash rear arms and suspension links are different than the rustler, but share all front end components.

When I built my first bandit up, I converted over to full rustler suspension as some of the bandit specific suspension parts were not avail in the aftermarket.

It made my bandits wheel track about an inch wider.

Thank you for this info, very helpful.

RC Racer
    front axles are different than both the rustler and slash.

These won't have front axles as these are 2wd vehicles. If you want a stampede, you need new body mounts, body, chasis and skid plates. It still has a ton of similar parts. RPWJR, is your rustler a vxl?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I do have axles, but they are called stub axles

RC Racer
    Okay, that makes sense. Now I get what you are talking about.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    These won't have front axles as these are 2wd vehicles. If you want a stampede, you need new body mounts, body, chasis and skid plates. It still has a ton of similar parts. RPWJR, is your rustler a vxl?
    Thank you, definitely want to go with the Stampede. My Rustler is XL-5. I tried uploading a few pic's but it didn't work

For a stampede, the steering links are different compared to all other 2wds, but rest of suspension is exactly same as rustler.

So the moral of the story...
    All 4 2wds share some suspension parts, but all 4 have slight differences in the suspension parts. The 2 closest are pede and rusty with steering links longer on the pede, and the rustler needing a belcrank for steering.

The bandit is the black sheep, as all of it's suspension components hanging off of the bulkhead and transmission are different from the other 3.

The slash has shorter rear arms and upper links compared to the rusty, but front components are the same.

All 4 trucks use the same shocks and shock towers.

Hope that doesn't confuse ya.
    Last edited by rag6; 09-18-2020 at 12:09 PM.

RC poster
    For a stampede, the steering links are different compared to all other 2wds, but rest of suspension is exactly same as rustler.

So the moral of the story...
    All 4 2wds share some suspension parts, but all 4 have slight differences in the suspension parts. The 2 closest are pede and rusty with steering links longer on the pede, and the rustler needing a belcrank for steering.

The bandit is the black sheep, as all of it's suspension components hanging off of the bulkhead and transmission are different from the other 3.

The slash has shorter rear arms and upper links compared to the rusty, but front components are the same.

All 4 trucks use the same shocks and shock towers.

Hope that doesn't confuse ya.
    No confusion, excellent information. Thank you very much. This is the stuff I need to know. Really appreciate all the help from everyone here. You guys Rock!