RC Racer

Traxxas X-Maxx Tires & Wheels (Orange, Green, etc.)

I saw this on the Traxxas website $70/pair...

https://traxxas.com/landingpages/x-maxx-accessories

There you go. Looks like you're all set to spend some money.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Champion
    Maybe a little expensive IMHO.

RC Racer
    Lol, actually I've been searching for a new body but have noticed they all seem to be out of stock. I like the new green color (7811G) but kinda like the new orange more (7811) here...
    https://traxxas.com/landingpages/x-maxx-accessories

...and then came across these wheels. Don't the regular tires/wheels cost $70/pair? But yeah a little expensive either way.

RC poster
    Actually the standard tires and wheels are $85 a pair on Traxxas's site. You can buy them cheaper from Jennys rc. They don't have the colored wheels listed though.

RC Racer
    The bright colours don’t do anything for me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    Personally, I agree.

Though, one of my buddies at the local dirt track/bash site pointed out, bright colors benefit in tracking your vehicle at high speeds. When I observed this, it seemed the contrast helped in the whole hand-eye coordination while driving.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCblast88 View Post
    Actually the standard tires and wheels are $85 a pair on Traxxas's site. You can buy them cheaper from Jennys rc. They don't have the colored wheels listed though.
    Here is:

https://jennysrc.com/collections/tra.../x-maxx-wheels

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    Agree with this, only aestethics.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Yes, Jenny’s is a great site. Just need to be patient with them, and figure out what’s a deal, and what’s actually not a deal.

But for a few bucks more than what Jenny’s is advertising for stock tires, you can get some nice belted Duratrax.

https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/dt...4mm-black.html

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    Yes, Jenny’s is a great site. Just need to be patient with them, and figure out what’s a deal, and what’s actually not a deal.

But for a few bucks more than what Jenny’s is advertising for stock tires, you can get some nice belted Duratrax.

https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/dt...4mm-black.html
    I bought an amount of stuff at Jenny's, thanks for the link, mate.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    I bought an amount of stuff at Jenny's, thanks for the link, mate.
    Yes, problem is I need a bank loan before I go in.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    Yes, problem is I need a bank loan before I go in.
    Lol,

RC poster
    PowerHobby produces belted tires on black or colored wheels in a couple of different tread patterns. A set of 4 tires on black rims goes for $130, whereas the colored versions are $150.

I've repeatedly had foams come apart in the Traxxas tires and got sick of scrapping a wheel\tire because Traxxas doesn't sell the foam inserts separately. I believe the culprit to be a combination of poor-quality foam, and ballooning tires causing odd wear on the foam inserts.

I've been running the PowerHobby wheels\tires for the last couple of months and I'm extremely happy with them. They are slightly larger in diameter, so overall top speed is lower since they don't expand at speed. This just means a re-gear if top speed is important to you. Additionally, the truck is much more controllable at high-speeds.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBusch2 View Post
    PowerHobby produces belted tires on black or colored wheels in a couple of different tread patterns. A set of 4 tires on black rims goes for $130, whereas the colored versions are $150.

I've repeatedly had foams come apart in the Traxxas tires and got sick of scrapping a wheel\tire because Traxxas doesn't sell the foam inserts separately. I believe the culprit to be a combination of poor-quality foam, and ballooning tires causing odd wear on the foam inserts.

I've been running the PowerHobby wheels\tires for the last couple of months and I'm extremely happy with them. They are slightly larger in diameter, so overall top speed is lower since they don't expand at speed. This just means a re-gear if top speed is important to you. Additionally, the truck is much more controllable at high-speeds.
    I have PowerHobby belted wheels on mine too. The pattern is very similar to Bandlands and they are nice and stable at speed. My only gripe about them so far is that the rear wheels rub the body when the suspension goes into full compression so if you do any jumping at all, you'll get rub marks where the wheels make contact. an 1/8" more of offset would have been enough to stop it. Still though, that's a pretty minor issue and the smudges are easily buffed away with a cloth.