RC Competitor

2WD Stampede body lowering mod

Donít know if itís been covered but, you can lower the Stampeded body 1 1/2Ē by doing a simple and cheap mod. All youíll need is Traxxas # 1914R (Rustler 2WD body mount kit). Trim the stock rear mounts bottom 2-holes off and reattach to body using top 4-holes. Then remove front Stampede body mount and install new Rustler mount and use the small capped body supports. Tighten everything up and install body.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigeoh View Post
    Don’t know if it’s been covered but, you can lower the Stampeded body 1 1/2” by doing a simple and cheap mod. All you’ll need is Traxxas # 1914R (Rustler 2WD body mount kit). Trim the stock rear mounts bottom 2-holes off and reattach to body using top 4-holes. Then remove front Stampede body mount and install new Rustler mount and use the small capped body supports. Tighten everything up and install body.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

(Had to post more than just "pics?" due to forum settings)

RC Champion
    Or you could buy the Monster Jam/Crainiac/Skully body mounts, do the same mods to the rear mounts, then really set the bodies low

And here’s how low the green body was compared to stock Rustler and Stampede VXL trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Spechal View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

(Had to post more than just "pics?" due to forum settings)
    Done, and done!
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Racer
    I think it looks better with the lower body like that and there aren't big gaps in between the chassis and body.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    I think it looks better with the lower body like that and there aren't big gaps in between the chassis and body.
    I try to get the body low enough that the bottom of the shell is even with the bottom of the chassis tub.

Even dropped them lower and had to trim the bottom 1/4Ē off the shells!

And hereís how I used to do that, the 2nd dates all the way back to the spring of 2000 or 2001

RC Qualifier
    I like using the Rustler shell on my stock length Stampedes. It’s the lowest you can go.
    I’ve managed 3/4 of an inch below the chassis and folded the edges in around my Lexan belly pan.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
    Oh man, an original Novak Rooster, original Pro-Line Mashers, and that internal antenna! The nostalgia is real!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Oh man, an original Novak Rooster, original Pro-Line Mashers, and that internal antenna! The nostalgia is real!
    Yup, there’s even a Pirahna 1500 NiCd pack, seriously vintage ProLine rims who’s name I can’t remember, a 16-17 turn Trinity Speed Gem motor, AND that pic was shot on film with one of those Kodak cameras that let you go between standard, panoramic and one other choice I also can’t remember (hey, that was about 20 years ago after all!) then scanned into the computer

Traxxas Marshal
    I was trying to make out what battery that was, definitely a classic (dud) of a battery! But it was what it was, I had my cheap 1500 (and 1400) packs, too! The wheels were Pro-Line Agitators. The Speed Gems motor just adds to the time period specific build--a classic!

RC Champion
    Lol, yup, we didn’t even have the internet when I shot that and that was at least 2 years before either of us joined here!

BTW, I think this is the camera I took that one with and may still have.......somewhere!
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 09-25-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Traxxas Marshal
    Very nice! I still have hard copies of some of the earliest R/C photos I took around that time (of my Stampede and E-Maxx). I did have a digital camera soon after I started the hobby, though; it was part of the video recorder we had, held very few photos, and didn't have the best image quality. Times were much simpler back then! R/Cs were slower, they only ran for 5 minutes (10 if you were babying it with a fancy 2000mAh pack!), we got a lot of our info from sources like our RCCA subscription. Ah, the late nights staying up reading every word in those magazines! Then I found these forums after a few years in the hobby. But I digress...didn't mean to derail your thread, but your old images got me all nostalgic.