RC Qualifier

Bodies and tires for Traxxas 1/10 Scale 4-Tec 2.0 VXL AWD

Hello, can anyone tell me if the ProLine Nova body will fit on the 4-Tec? Will the Pomona wheels and Hoosier tires fit on it as well? Thanks.

RC Racer
    It will take 190mm-200mm bodies. The wheelbase is the main issue I've found with unpainted bodies, even touring and grand touring class bodies.

The 4tec has a 256mm wheelbase and the body you are talking about has a wheelbase of 335mm; it is intended for the 2wd Slash.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spechal View Post
    It will take 190mm-200mm bodies. The wheelbase is the main issue I've found with unpainted bodies, even touring and grand touring class bodies.

The 4tec has a 256mm wheelbase and the body you are talking about has a wheelbase of 335mm; it is intended for the 2wd Slash.
    Thanks for responding. I wonder if it would fit though? That's only 1" of overhang on the front and back. What do you think?

RC Racer
    Not really sure, my main concern would be the wheel wells lining up.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Chevy View Post
    Thanks for responding. I wonder if it would fit though? That's only 1" of overhang on the front and back. What do you think?
    It most likely would not fit. 1/10 on-road platforms are considerably smaller than 1/10 off-road platforms. Also, I'm pretty sure the accurate scale of the Pomona body is technically 1/8th, so that's a pretty big stretch.

Here's a comparison between the 4 Tec 2.0 and the Slash 4x4:

Last edited by RCWilly; 09-20-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    It most likely would not fit. 1/10 on-road platforms are considerably smaller than 1/10 off-road platforms. Also, I'm pretty sure the accurate scale of the Pomona body is technically 1/8th, so that's a pretty big stretch.

Here's a comparison between the 4 Tec 2.0 and the Slash 4x4:

Wow. Thanks. I didn't realize the size was that much of a difference. Do you know of any muscle car bodies for the 4-Tec aside from the original Mustang body?

There's actually quite a bunch to choose from. I've seen Camaros, and other bodies. The 4 Tec 2.0 can fit just about any 190mm or 200mm touring car bodies that have a 256mm wheelbase.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    Is it just me or are the threads in this forum disappearing from the forum? I can find it via my own created threads, but there are no threads made in the forum. Anyone else see this? Is this a function that needs to be fixed with this particular forum?

Check out these 200mm vintage touring bodies:
    https://www.hpiracing.com/en/product_category/BO10T

Have fun!

Edit:
    As for the threads, go above and pull down the “forum actions” tab.
    Go to “general settings” and look at the “thread display options” section and check what your “default thread age cut off” is set to. If it isn’t already there, change your setting to “show all threads.”
    Last edited by Squeegie; 09-23-2020 at 12:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Check out these 200mm vintage touring bodies:
    https://www.hpiracing.com/en/product_category/BO10T

Have fun!

Edit:
    As for the threads, go above and pull down the “forum actions” tab.
    Go to “general settings” and look at the “thread display options” section and check what your “default thread age cut off” is set to. If it isn’t already there, change your setting to “show all threads.”
    Thank you!