Big Bore Spring Options

Im looking to soften up the rear end of my truck and im thinking these springs are where i want to be.

But as for the front, what's peoples opinions springs? In my opinion is should stay in between soft and stiff right?

I use the bigger 2.8 tire setup for a monster look and its a basher. Mostly on low grass and loose dirt. I also have 50wt oil in the front and 30wt in the back.

Should i put 50wt to slow the action of the shock in conjunction with the soft spring in the back? Or would that defeat the purpose?

Thank you everybody.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

So I think that springs and shock oil weight should have a direct correlation. That means the stiffer the springs, the heavier the shock oil, and the softer the springs, the lighter the shock oil. If you use soft springs with heavy shock oil, the springs will have a hard time extending the shock, due to the higher resistance, which will make the car ride lower. On the other hand, if you pair stiff springs with light shock oil, the truck will be too bouncy, and act like it has no almost oil in the shocks.

I think it is fine to vary a bit from the spring stiffness and oil weight in the direct correlation, but overall, try to not wander too far from it, since it could make the truck a bit unpredictable.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWilly View Post
    So I think that springs and shock oil weight should have a direct correlation. That means the stiffer the springs, the heavier the shock oil, and the softer the springs, the lighter the shock oil. If you use soft springs with heavy shock oil, the springs will have a hard time extending the shock, due to the higher resistance, which will make the car ride lower. On the other hand, if you pair stiff springs with light shock oil, the truck will be too bouncy, and act like it has no almost oil in the shocks.

I think it is fine to vary a bit from the spring stiffness and oil weight in the direct correlation, but overall, try to not wander too far from it, since it could make the truck a bit unpredictable.
    Okay thats what i thought. Thank you.

I also noticed the picture I posted shows shocks for "ultra shocks only." Arent big bore shocks and ultra shocks the same? Or will i need to use 4649r?

Big Bores and Ultra shocks are similar in many ways, but the Big Bore shock has a slightly larger diameter, so Ultra shock springs may not fit.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Big Bores and Ultra shocks are similar in many ways, but the Big Bore shock has a slightly larger diameter, so Ultra shock springs may not fit.
    Thank you. Ill be sure to buy springs for big bore shocks then.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The aluminum big bores have a slightly smaller outside diameter compared to the plastic ultra shocks. The upper spring cups for the big bores are a bit smaller to fit the smaller OD. Other than that, I believe all other internal (pistons/shafts/etc) and external (lower cups/springs) are the same.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The aluminum big bores have a slightly smaller outside diameter compared to the plastic ultra shocks. The upper spring cups for the big bores are a bit smaller to fit the smaller OD. Other than that, I believe all other internal (pistons/shafts/etc) and external (lower cups/springs) are the same.
    That's correct. The Big Bores got their name because they were larger than the plastic and aluminum shocks Traxxas offered at the time. The Ultra Shocks came out later, and even though they had the same internals, they had a slightly larger outer diameter than the Big Bores.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    I have those red springs on mu ultras and big bore shocks, they fit without problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put them on my big bores last night and they fit great.