Different hex styles?

I bought these tires and I guess i didn't know they arent for my truck. There's no hex. Its just a round hole.

Should I just return the tires? I hate it when I do this.

Can somebody recommend an aggressive tire that has a hex hub like mine? Thank you...

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    That's odd. Only reason for round would be to seat bearings directly into the rim for a front wheel setup maybe?
    Stock slash is 12mm hex. So anything with that would fit, but consider offset as well. You can also get hex adaptors to run larger wheels.

I think the older 2WDs (Rustler/Bandit/Slash(?)) did not have hexes in the front tires since they did not have power going to them. They just had bushings. I think the Bandit still usues the bushings.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Squeegie is right. The older models of the rustler/bandit/stampede all had bearing only front wheels, because they didnít have power going to them and Traxxas felt it was better to not have extra hardware on the front end.

I think the 2wd slash was the first 2wd model to use hex adapters in the front axles, could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the clarity. I hate buying stuff and having it not be what I want it to be lol. Its what i ordered but just the wrong thing for my truck is all.

I emailed them and they set me in the right direction. Im getting these.

RC Enthusiast
    Those look awesome!

Most of the DuraTrax 2wd models still run bearing front hubs. I recently acquired a DuraTrax Evader EXT 2.4 2wd and it has those same front hubs.

@Scott P Thank you. The rims are a little big for my liking. Looks more like a street tire than a mud tire in my opinion. I like the look of a small rim with a lot of rubber for a mud truck.

@zedorda Yes i noticed most of their tires have that bearing type hole. Once i get my refund for the ones i just sent back, im getting the 2.8 Duratrax Lockup MT's.

RC Enthusiast
    That Lockup MT wheel and tire combo looks awesome! Duratrax is nailing it with there rim styles.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    I think the older 2WDs (Rustler/Bandit/Slash(?)) did not have hexes in the front tires since they did not have power going to them. They just had bushings. I think the Bandit still usues the bushings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Squeegie is right. The older models of the rustler/bandit/stampede all had bearing only front wheels, because they didn’t have power going to them and Traxxas felt it was better to not have extra hardware on the front end.

I think the 2wd slash was the first 2wd model to use hex adapters in the front axles, could be wrong though.
    The electric Stampede and Rustler have always had hexes up front. The Bandit forgoes a hex up front, instead having simple axle pin and slot for said pin in the wheel; the bearings (or bushings) were always in the hub.

The Nitro Stampede and Nitro Rustler, however, used bearings in the wheels like that.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2020 at 02:10 AM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Cooleocool beat me to it but yes, the Rustler, Slash, and Stampede electric versions all used standard 12mm hex backed wheels, Nitro versions of pretty much all 2wd styles used two bearings one inner and outer on a stationary stub axle in the steering blocks, in a pinch I have used the bearing style wheels simply by using a socket head cap machine screw the same diameter of the factory electric stub axle just slightly longer to attach the nylock nut