RC Competitor

Trx4 Battery Options

Hi people. I was wondering what batteries I could use for the front battery tray. I want a 3s 2200 25-50c but all of the ones I find are 100mm or so long and the tray is 95. The traxxas 2200 2s is the right size but it is 2s. Their 3s small pack is only 1400 though. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RC Competitor
    This is off topic but I am also looking for a rear bumper that would fit good on the sport body. I have the chassis kit and the bumper doesn't look right and it sticks out too far as well as hanging down a lot.

RC poster
    I used a dremel and cut an additional few mm then added some foam to the factory tie down. They fit perfectly and low now.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

why not just go with the big 5000 one? I'ts expensive but you get 3-5 hours of run time with it, unless you're making a performance truck with a low cg.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by patmangtp View Post
    I used a dremel and cut an additional few mm then added some foam to the factory tie down. They fit perfectly and low now.

That sounds good but I donít know if I have a dremel. Also wouldnít you just cut through the fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    why not just go with the big 5000 one? I'ts expensive but you get 3-5 hours of run time with it, unless you're making a performance truck with a low cg.
    I have some nickels for if Iím just trailing but I want a smaller Li-Po for performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aver View Post
    I have some nickels for if I’m just trailing but I want a smaller Li-Po for performance.

Ok, got it, I think a dremel and some foam will do if you're going to fit the battery. But its 5mm, maybe you can squeeze it in?

RC Competitor
    Ok, got it, I think a dremel and some foam will do if you're going to fit the battery. But its 5mm, maybe you can squeeze it in?
    Ok. That sounds good. Any recommendations on a dremel? I donít have one.

You could use a small saw or hacksaw if you have one to make a rectangle cut on one of the sides of the battery casing. Tough scissors might be able to cut through the material, but you won't have much accuracy.

Dremels can be cheap, I got a 20 dollar one off of amazon, they really help if you're going to do any custom work to your crawler.
    The one I have: https://www.amazon.com/WEN-23103-Var...0728498&sr=8-3

It works pretty well, cheap, good bang for the buck, and comes with a ton of accessories, although you may want to consider getting some extra cutting/grinding disks because they wear out pretty fast.

RC Competitor
    You could use a small saw or hacksaw if you have one to make a rectangle cut on one of the sides of the battery casing. Tough scissors might be able to cut through the material, but you won't have much accuracy.

Dremels can be cheap, I got a 20 dollar one off of amazon, they really help if you're going to do any custom work to your crawler.
    The one I have: https://www.amazon.com/WEN-23103-Var...0728498&sr=8-3

It works pretty well, cheap, good bang for the buck, and comes with a ton of accessories, although you may want to consider getting some extra cutting/grinding disks because they wear out pretty fast.
    That one looks good. How long does the battery last on it and how long does it last over time? Thanks for the help.

Its corded, which you may or may not like. I've got way to many things to charge, so having a corded one for me is much simpler.

One of my friends has this one: https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Acce...ustomerReviews

Cordless, battery-powered, he says it lasts around an hour continuous, but that depends on what speed setting and motor stress.
    Reviews for it are pretty nice, I would consider it if you wanted a battery op machine. It does cost 30 dollars though, and the cutting disks supplied aren't very good, so you'd probably have to buy extra disks. I use Dremel EZ locks for cutting metal, and the cheap ones for other things like wood and plastic.

RC Champion
    I use a 1800 mAh 3S batteries, it is little size:

https://www.vsgun.com/bateria-lipo-1...r-p-30126.html

RC poster
    Many 2200 3s packs will fit in the front fender area pretty well without modification. Mine are 107x24x34 and fit fine. For the center area I just cut the back of the lower tray out. You can kinda see in the picture.

Instead of putting the smaller battery in the front (weight in the front, but high CG), why not drop in a low CG battery mount and use whatever battery you want:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bowhous...2921_d1c984105

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Cool thank s you guys!

RC poster
    Most people use 2200 3s packs designed for aircraft.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Instead of putting the smaller battery in the front (weight in the front, but high CG), why not drop in a low CG battery mount and use whatever battery you want:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bowhous...2921_d1c984105

Have fun!
    Excellent option, mate, thanks for the link.

RC Enthusiast
    2s or 3s???.