Thread: TSM help!!

RC poster

TSM help!!

New to the 4 tec 2.0 vxl... seem to be having trouble with the tsm and steering trim. The car seems like it wants to go all over the place. It was suggested to me to turn off the tsm and just use the steering trim. Is it normal to have to adjust the steering trim each time of use? What are the most accurate settings for the best results. I know each car is its on individual... just looking for some good suggestions. I do have the gear upgrade installed, and right now running 30% in training mode.

So all the problems you seem to be describing are things that are usually caused by TSM. TSM is pretty good when it works, but it is also very glitchy, so the best is to turn TSM down to 0%. For the steering trim, it should be the same everytime, unless the servo saver is too loose, or that you have changed something in the steering system. The steering trim for most cars should be a bit left or right near the middle.

If you are running 30% in training mode, is it because the car is too fast? You do realize that installing the larger pinion will make it faster, right?
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Thank you! Yes I do realize it. I just put it in trauning mode till i feel I have gotton a better handle on my issues. It is a beast at full speed!!

Also, can you point me in the right direction to the servo saver to make sure it is not loose
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2020 at 01:23 AM. Reason: merge

So the servo saver is the first thing that is attached to the servo. It has a spring on it so that the spring absorbs some of the impact if the front wheels were to be hit in a crash, which protects the servo.

Test it to see how tight or loose it is. If it is loose, you can turn the front wheels left and right easily without turning the servo. If you turn it, and the servo moves along with it, then it is fine and tight.

RC poster
    Everything seems to check out tight. Your insight is much appreciated, I reached out for help on a traxxas support facebook page and basically was disrespected. I'm fairly new to the rc world and was thinking something was wrong. Traxas is sending out a tsm reciever on them, so I should be good, I will save it for future needs, lol! Thanks again!!!

Can you also reccomend a place for 1/10 scale rc bodies...

Always glad to help!

I have found Amain Hobbies a good place overall for RC parts. https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=touring+bodies

It's basically an online hobby shop. It used to have almost everything in stock, but ever since the pandemic started, popular parts and upgrades started going out of stock. No worries for the bodies though, most of them are still in stock. I also look on eBay and then Amazon if Amain doesn't have them in stock.

Tamiya makes some great scale looking bodies (mainly of Japanese cars like Subarus, Toyotas, and Honda/Acuras, and some European cars, like Mercedes and Porsche). You might have to check the wheelbase though, the wheelbase of the 4 Tec 2.0 is 256mm. Kyosho also has a line of cars called the Fazer MK2, which is very similar to the 4 Tec 2.0, so the MK2 bodies are also an option, but their wheelbase is 260mm, so you might have to do a bit more cutting to make it fit. eBay also has a bunch of 3rd party bodies. That's where I got mines from, but again, check and make sure the wheelbase is around 256mm.