RC poster

what next for my tmaxx?

went full 3.3 driveline ( rpm arms, bulkeads, and carriers) steel drive shafts. 3.3 chassis , brushless conversion ( currently how2rc mount with racerstar 4076 2250kv, also have a hobbystar 550 3500kv i like better). have a hobby wing ez run wp sc8 120 esc, also have a hobby wing max 5 i can use also. currently the 4910 trans ( one way and single speed conversion). have a robinson steel spur and steel pinion. currently running stock 4910 diffs ( which i know needupgrades) since those and the trans are the weak point. i have stripped two trans out already. i have been thinking about buying a 1/5 scale but just think id be better adding to my trusty tmaxx instead. what do i need to buy? what going to hold 6s power? 3.3 trans and diffs? i usually run 4s but would like to run 6s if i want to, also want to try using my milwaukee m18 batteries since i have a cool adapter ( think the drill battery is 5s). would i be better getting erevo center diff and going through the fun of making it work? atleast with the 3.3 setup metal center shafts are easy to get. have had bad luck with the steel sliders made for the 4910 tmaxx already. i have about $250-300 to spend on upgrades, was looking at a redcat shredder xt but just mixed reviews and im sure ill break it the way i drive lol.

RC poster
    Would an emax transmission hold up better than a converted t-maxx33 transmission and how about the Traxxas cvd center shaft kit (4951r)would that fit to the 33 differentials and the emaxx trans? the trans is a dual motort, 2 speed trans fom an emaxx.
    Last edited by ehall8702; 10-01-2020 at 01:17 PM.

RC poster
    bought new foc and single speed gear, put the 550 3500kv motor back in and bought sum $20 metal center shafts. waiting on 3.3 diffs but been fine 3 batteries with punch set to level 5 so may be ok now

RC Champion
    Sounds like a lot of fun
    But sad to say it will only
    make you more irritated than time
    spent having fun with it, besides bench/wrench $
    T-E Maxx trans/diff aren’t worthy(imo)of 4s much less 6s

Best to achieve a Maxx to have durability/ then upgrade to 6s
    If you think 4s isn’t enough

Enjoy what you do
    fabricator

RC poster
    4s seems to be enuff for now, i just know its gonna break something soon! trying to be prepaired thats all. will a xmaxx trans fit in a tmaxx 3.3 chassis?

RC Champion
    Xmaxx trans is only a shaft with spur and idler gears
    same as the Maxx
    Joy of building and bashing
    fabricator

RC poster
    looking at the brusheless emaxx diffs, from what i read they r the strongest with built in bracing, may have too look into shimming the diff to make them last longer, just gutted my rear diff this morning so its time to replace therm, looking at the aluminum cases also but may have to do that a bit down the road since i have to buy two comlete diffs this time around

RC Enthusiast
    Look for some used unlimited engineering 1/8” scale differentials on fleabay. Probably the strongest setup for a max as long as hardened spider gears are used. Do a search.