RC Competitor

TRX-4 Chassis kit with Sport Body?

I just got the TRX-4 chassit kit I want to order a body while I work on it. Right now I'm thinking either the Sport or Sport Camper body. Do these just fit as-is? Or do they require the narrow fenders? Could the wide fenders in the kit just be trimmer down?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jason26 View Post
    I just got the TRX-4 chassit kit I want to order a body while I work on it. Right now I'm thinking either the Sport or Sport Camper body. Do these just fit as-is? Or do they require the narrow fenders? Could the wide fenders in the kit just be trimmer down?

Thanks!
    I got the sport body for my chassis kit and I had to get the narrow fenders and shorter body posts. You might be able to use the wide fenders if you donít get the light buckets. The wide ones wonít work if you have the light buckets because of where the rock light mounting holes are. The wide ones will make it harder to put the body on and rub against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aver View Post
    I got the sport body for my chassis kit and I had to get the narrow fenders and shorter body posts. You might be able to use the wide fenders if you donít get the light buckets. The wide ones wonít work if you have the light buckets because of where the rock light mounting holes are. The wide ones will make it harder to put the body on and rub against it.

If you are using the camper body you wonít need the short body posts but youíll still probably need the narrow fenders.

RC Competitor
    Thanks a bunch. Just what I needed to know.

The fenders are too wide for the body to fit, so you have to get the narrow fenders, or trim the fenders. I think the best option is just to get the narrow fender kit, since trimming the fenders isn't exactly the cleanest and easiest to do.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Will any third party sport body fit on this kit? I just got one as well and want a Gladiator body on it. I bought the shock hoops but noticed those almost require the longer links stretching it out to a 12.8" wheelbase. I completely missed the smaller fenders and will be ordering them later today if the LHS doesn't have them. I keep running into issues with the long chassis on the TRX-4 it seems to want to stick out from most after market bodies.

RC poster
    Hi
    You need TRX8080 narrow fenders and TRX8215 body posts