RC Competitor

X-01 Changing radio's Mamba Monster no throttle

Hey guys I'm ditching the Traxxas radio in my X-01 to a RadioLink transmitter. So I bound the reviever to the radio and plugged the stock X-01 Mamba Monster 2 into the 2nd port on the receiver and servo to 1st port...powered on and I have steering but no throttle and the 3 led's on the MM2 flash and I hear a steady beep.
    I tried holding throttle on before turning the MM2 on to calibrate but still nothing. I took all the telemetry stuff off the X-01 and just have steering servo wire and esc plugged into my receiver.

What am I missing? The MM2 is not getting a throttle signal from the radio but the radio is showing on the screen that the throttle is being pulled.

Anybody have any ideas?

RC Competitor
    So I hooked up the original Traxxas TQI radio and it works. How do I make a MM2 recognize my new receiver. I tried having the trigger pulled on the radio before I turned the esc on and nothing. How can I reset the Traxxas MM2 esc?

Does your motor run when you turn your Tx left or right? The ESC plugs into channel 2 in your Rx, not necessarily the second port. Many Rxs have 2 channel 1 ports for duel servo steering.

Good luck!

Edit: MM2 manual
    https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net...s_ed_guide.pdf
    Last edited by Squeegie; 09-23-2020 at 10:11 PM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Does your motor run when you turn your Tx left or right? The ESC plugs into channel 2 in your Rx, not necessarily the second port. Many Rxs have 2 channel 1 ports for duel servo steering.

Good luck!

Edit: MM2 manual
    https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net...s_ed_guide.pdf
    Thanks bro I appreciate the help but I found an old thread here from 2014 and a guy named Viper Z had one little post on someone else's thread and said to disable Live Link using the Castle Link cable(chip) and software. So all I did was connect the Castle Link and disable Live Link. Then save to the ESC, then turned the new radio on, then turned the esc on and set the end points for forward and reverse...Done!
    Now I can actually run a radio with some range(RadioLink RC6GS). I was losing range just driving down to begin my speed run. So I opened up the Traxxas radio(thinking to add an external antenna and there was no actual antenna inside! The "antenna" is printed right into the circuitboard and is only 1.5" long. I can't believe they expect you to try for 100Mph with no antenna...lol. The Spektrum radio's coming with(the other big brand) have an actual antenna wire and little inline booster inside. Has anyone ever got an X-01 to 100Mph with a stock radio without spending a fortune in replacement parts?

RC Qualifier
    I have run over 100 in my stock XO-1 with nothing more than came in the box of the XO-1
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours