RC poster

XO-1 would it be fun just for street running?

Iīm thinking about buying an X0-1, but I wonder what do you guys think after so much years in the market now.
    I find some opinions it is only good for fast runs in a straight line, and then it becomes boring.
    Is the perspective of the car changing over the years?

I own a 2004 nitro Revo, 1/16 E revo, and Slash 2wd.
    Between the 1/16 E Revo and the Slash I find the larger scale of the Slash so much more fun.
    I wonder If the large scale of the X0-1 also gives it more realism and fun but not necessarily trying to reach 100mph.

thanks

RC Competitor
    Even though I never had a x0-1 i think that its going to be lots of fun since it has a realistic race car look.

I have never done the 100mph thing with my XO-1, because for me that would get boring fast. It would be like me taking my sport bike out, and just riding it on interstates. I'm much more of a twisties kind of guy. That's why I've always done the big parking lot thing with my XO-1, and it's a lot of fun. I have my car set up for 60mph, and I use it on a parking lot the size of a football field. I usually run an "8" track, but also setup cones for rally track running. It's a lot more fun than just running in a straight line all the time.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Qualifier
    Run it on 4s at more scale speed and itís a hoot.

I think TSM remedies a lot of the twitchiness and sloppiness of the earlier versions thatís inevitable as a Slash 4x4 derivative pulling above its weight class. Just keep an eye on wear areas and replace worn parts as early as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Run it on 4s at more scale speed and it’s a hoot.

I think TSM remedies a lot of the twitchiness and sloppiness of the earlier versions that’s inevitable as a Slash 4x4 derivative pulling above its weight class. Just keep an eye on wear areas and replace worn parts as early as you can.
    (IMO) I'd only want to use 4s in the smaller parking lots. In bigger parking lots (IMO) 6s would be much better, because you would have a much faster pickup speed. (IMO) you don't want to be all day getting up to speed in a big parking lot, because that too would get boring fast.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.