Got a little chedda to spend...

Hey all, summers over and so is my job. I have a lot more free time to mess around with RC's again and a lot more $ to spend So, what I was thinkin was either getting a new motor combo, bumper, and body for my rusty, or buyin either a sport kit or RTR sport. What would you guys recommend, new car or upgrades?
    I like free stuff!

More info about the upgrades that your Rustler already have would make things more clear. Also, if you have a brushed Rustler, I would say, get a new motor combo for it, otherwise, get the TRX-4 Sport Kit, because the kit is way more fun than an RTR, and you get to know the car more.

If you are going with the TRX-4 Sport kit, get the Hobbywing 1080 ESC and a Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster motor (21T or 27T, 21T has a bit more wheelspeed, while the 27T has more torque, but less wheelspeed). Also, get beadlock wheels instead of using the stock plastic glued wheels, since the beadlock wheels add more weight on the bottom, and are reuseable.
    Last edited by RCWilly; 09-24-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Sure thing! I have a vxl right now, i'd get this Combo or something similar, with this Body.

I think you just sold me on the sport kit though, I forgot about the combo you mentioned. So much cheaper than castle! Any suggestions for beadlocks?
    I like free stuff!

In that case, I think getting a TRX-4 Sport would be the most appealing option (imo). Of course, it is completely up to you to decide, so picture yourself in each scenario, and see which one you would be the happiest.

The combo that I mentioned is the Hobbywing 1080 ESC and the Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Motor (21T or 27T). It is a brushed combo, and it is more than enough for a crawler. Total for this system should be $75 at the most.

If you want a brushless system for the TRX-4 Sport, it is going to be around the $200 range for a Hobbywing Axe, or Castle Slate system, which is at the $200 range.

For beadlocks, I just use metal alloy beadlocks, that are on Amazon, or eBay. When assembling them, be sure to use blue threadlock, since the screws can back out when the car is running.

Also, another thing that I forgot to mention is, that you can get the Hobbywing Max10 for much cheaper at Amain Hobbies: https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...010200/p607213
    but it is out of stock at the moment. Just an FYI in case you want to upgrade your Rustler.

Think I found some already: Beadlocks.
    Thanks for the tips!
    I like free stuff!

I ordered the Sport Kit, the Hobbywing ESC, the 21t trailmaster, those beadlocks, a servo off amazon, and a some 1st gen traxxas plugs. Should all be here Tuesday-Thursday
    I like free stuff!