TRX4 Traxx Unlocked Diffs?

I was looking at a video about the TRX4's Traxx, and they said it's not to be used with differentials unlocked.
    I don't see how unlocked diffs would harm anything, other than performance.

Anybody know why?
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

I don't think it would break anything, but if the traxx on both sides have different resistances, it could cause the truck to diff out for no reason. That's the only thing I can think of...
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

That's definitely odd. Usually you break more with diffs locked. Also with a crawler you want more traction not less.

Do you have a link to the video?

According to the website:

“When negotiating a slick rock face or powering through a mud bog, traction is king. The TRX-4 comes locked and loaded with differential spools in the front and rear for ultimate grip when you need it most. Locked differentials improve flotation over soft surfaces such as sand by keeping your tracks travelling at the same speed so that a slower moving track does not dig down into the surface.”

I guess they don’t want you to diff out with the Traxx system?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    I would also suspect that the Traxx has a lot more 'rolling resistance' than wheels, so if you had open diffs you're 'diff out' all the time, and put a lot of stress on parts, so do keep them locked and enjoy a go anywhere mood

RC Champion
    I don't think the unlocked diffs breaks anything.

RC poster
    I cant find anything on unlocking or locking diffs. Is this an after market feature or do all the TRX4's have this capability? On youtube it looks like people are able to unlock them remotely. Which is pretty cool..

RC Racer
    The feature is included on all base Trx-4 models, it is not however included on the Trx-4 sport, the Trx-4 sport kit, or the Trx-4 Traxx. Basically as of right now if your model comes stock with a pickup truck body it has a differential spool (always locked diff).

If your model is not listed above then there will be a switch on the top of the transmitter (remote) that will allow you to switch between no diffs locked (default: first position closest to you), front diffs locked (default: middle position), and all diffs locked (default: last position farthest from you).

I hope this helps!

when you diff out one side it doubles the speed that "wheel" or in this case track is spinning.

my thinking is that you probly don't want those tracks spinning that fast when/if it diffs out, i'd stick to locked diffs.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC poster
    Right on, yeah I have a Traxx edition and the Mrs has the sport. No unlocking/Lock feature for us I guess! Bummer

RC Racer
    Honestly, it's more of a gimmick than anything else. I only got it because I bought the first Trx-4 model when it came out and the feature was standard. I would've gotten the sport and saved some money should it have been out.