Ditch the shoulder screws.

You might be like me and hate the shoulders that mount the top of the ultra shock. I bought a set of #8361 and found they fit the ultra shocks without leaks.

Been using these caps for about a year without issue. They are made of thicker harder plastic with a different style mold than the original ultra shock caps. When I bought them they were $5. They seem to of gone up alittle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RC Qualifier
    I would think these would work better than shoulder screws for motion/binding. But then I guess the shock shaft/piston could rotate slightly if the shock body couldn't.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

That's what the GTR's come with. I didn't care for the shoulder screws either... I used longer bolts with a bit of fuel line and a washer on it when I ran the original shocks on my stampede.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

They are a bit smaller than the GTR caps but yes they are of very similar design for sure with the same material. I am using these on a Duratrax Evader I recently found at a Goodwill. That I am trying to "Traxxify". Basically using all traxxas electronics and replacement parts to beef it up. I might make a thread about it but sadly I have not done many pictures of the adventure because I originally thought I would just flip it for profit. But I kind of fell in love with it when my youngest said he wanted to drive it. Showing interest for the first time in RC.

Traxxas Marshal
    Good to know, but just so you know...there are bushings that come with the shocks negating the need for shoulder screws; they are attached to one of the parts trees with all of the preload clips and whatnot. Pop in the bushings, use normal screws.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

That was the solution I was already using but there is no real difference between the bushing and the shoulder screw in functionality. The shock is still limited in it's articulation causing binding and possibly bending the shaft. Plus I personally try not to use adaptors as permanent solutions and that is all the bushing really is. The bushing is the better option imo over the shoulder screw but I think the hollow ball cap is my favorite.

But thanks that information is still great to have in the thread as an option most miss.