ERevo 2.0 or 1.0 battery door hinges... any fixes for them?

I seem to go through battery doors on a pretty regular basis. I know they aren't all that expensive, but I'm on my 3rd set of doors in as many months. The packs I use fit in there nice and the doors close completely.

On occasion, the clip would come undone on the front or rear and then the battery would hang out which stresses the hinge, so I drilled a couple holes in the door clips for body pins to hold them latched better. Thought perhaps that would be the fix, but no luck.

Then I tried making little wings on the front/rear of the doors to rest on the floor of the battery bays, but that didn't help either.

So, thought I'd make a thread to see what others do that works for the long term. Thinking perhaps getting some Integy doors as they appear to have a mechanical hinge. Just a lot of dough for those, if/when they are in stock anywhere.

Just noticed something odd as I was trying to order some, part # 5627 comes up as "left or right", yet the package I have laying here that I just took one out of has 2 doors in it and they are side specific as the battery wire exit has a notch in it. They would fit on either side, but the wire exit would be on the wrong end if you installed them backwards. Odd...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

ERevo 2.0 or 1.0 battery door hinges... any fixes for them?

I donít know what type of mount you have there for the esc but it looks to me like it could be flexing the top of the chassis just enough for the battery door tabs to be at a slight angle, therefore making it easier for them to pop off. Does it do this on both sides or just the left side where the esc is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

Does it on both sides. Did it when it was a v1 with stock electronics, did it when it was a v2 with v1 electronics, does it now. Just seems to do it more now that I'm running 6S and jumping higher/further than I did when I ran a v1 4S.

I've had a door pop open on occasion. But it's never been a issue for me. Mostly stock v2.

I did trim where the battery wires meet the door . To reduce sharp edges. As a vid talked about doing that when I first got the car. So I wouldn't cut the battery insulation

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Canít say Iíve heard of this happening much. Maybe itís the push tabs themselves? Are they just not holding the doors well enough because they are slightly worn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even when they don't pop open, they still tend to start splitting at the rear in the seam. Not sure if it's chassis flex causing it or could be the roll bar I have on it, but that's more towards the front. Will see if the alloy center tunnel cover helps. I know the chassis was flexing a lot as I kept snapping the center channel cover and my packs would banana.

I don't land on the roof that often and I had this issue long before I put in the roll bar. I only put the roll bar there so the body doesn't collapse so bad on a roof landing and get destroyed.

Have you checked to see if your chassis is fatigued? You might see white marks where the chassis has flexed to many times.

I checked it for cracks/white marks and didn't notice anything. This chassis deck is relatively new. The last time I broke the center trough, I inspected it very closely for any cracks or stretching before installing the alloy trough, considering my lipo packs now had a nice curve to them, I know it flexed a lot... didn't seen anything even when forcefully bending it on the bench without the center trough/cover installed.

It's probably my roll bar...

I have it bolted to the chassis as close to the transmission as I can and it's towards the front of the battery bays. Strangely, the rear is where they typically start splitting first.