Thread: Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Racer

Slash 4x4 on 6s

Anyone here run 6s on there Slash 4x4. I have a HW Max8 and 4274 motor laying around. Iím thinking about giving it a go.
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Qualifier
    I’ve heared 4s was almost uncontrollable, so unless it’s a speedrun machine, I don’t know. It would be fun to see what happenes

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking Evel Knievel's Snake River jump.

RC Qualifier
    Plan on spending 140 for new MIp axles, and about 200 for the stronger spiral cut diff ring gear and internal gears, if you plan on bashing with 6s. For speed run just look at what the XO-1 uses because it’s basically just a beefed up slash.

Nope, 4s is as high as I have gone with a Slash 4x4. I may use 6s in my Slash 2WD with a 3674 1900kv motor I recently found to make a vintage muscle car dragster.

Might as well try it if you've got it! Just remember to take vids and let us see your rocket in action when you do!

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I've tried 6s in my Monster Slash 4x4, using a Mamba Monster X (modded with large ESC fan) and Castle 2200kv 4074 motor, geared 18/54. It worked fine but there were limited situations where it made sense to go full throttle with that much power. I felt like I was spending too much time at half throttle or less. The bigger battery added a fair amount of weight and the motor got hot quicker.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I've tried 6s in my Monster Slash 4x4, using a Mamba Monster X (modded with large ESC fan) and Castle 2200kv 4074 motor, geared 18/54. It worked fine but there were limited situations where it made sense to go full throttle with that much power. I felt like I was spending too much time at half throttle or less. The bigger battery added a fair amount of weight and the motor got hot quicker.
    I was thinking 18/54 might be geared too low for that kv and 6s, perhaps 22/54 or higher might have kept the rpm of the motor in check.