RC poster

New Rustler, this normal ? Help please

Just got my new rustler. I installed the 28t pinion gear and 86 spur right away so I donít know if this is the reason for this but the rear left wheel starts going before the right wheel.

RC Champion
    Check to make sure the right rear wheel nut isn’t too tight, that can cause binding with the bronze bushings in the Brushed trucks.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Wow that fixed it !! Thanks so much

RC Champion
    No problem, good to hear that did it!

RC poster
    What do you know about lipos and xl5 esc? The low voltage setting keeps engaging even though 2s battery has 3.8v per cell right now

RC Champion
    IIRC, the lipos shouldn’t go below 3.7v per cell and typically max at 4.11v per cell when charged, so I would expect it to start cutting in at about 3.8v.

Max voltage per cell is 4.2 volts, low voltage cutoff is usually around 3.5 volts on my Traxxas escs. If your esc is hitting low voltage cutoff, then your lipo voltage is sagging down to cutoff range and cutting out. I would quit running and let things cool off, then charge up the lipo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Okay thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwordenjr View Post
    What do you know about lipos and xl5 esc? The low voltage setting keeps engaging even though 2s battery has 3.8v per cell right now
    Are you taking this voltage when the pack is under load, or are you taking the voltage with no load on the pack?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    When I ran it after a few seconds, the red blinking lights come on signifying low voltage cutoff has started. When I check the battery voltage though with meter, there is still 3.8v per cell left. That’s seems like a high low voltage cutoff number

RC Racer
    Having such tall gearing will cause your battery to sag more under a load. So you're actually hitting 3.5 while accelerating, and it settles back to 3.8 when you go to check it. Go back to stock gearing and it'll last longer.
    How old and whats the specifications of your batteries?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Garpot 4000 7.4v 2s lipo. I’ve just charged the battery and got about 10min of run time then the low voltage came on again. Checked the 2 cells and they’re 3.8 each. The brushed motor sure eats the battery up quick. Brushless usually last me 20-30 minutes with this same battery