RC poster

Nitro Vee fuel tank?

Hey guys! I have a brand new looking Nitro Vee that I want to get running and the ONLY problem seems to be that the fuel tank is broken and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

I hate to trash the thing because of the tank is broken, but obviously I can't use it like it is. Anyone have a source for a replacement?

Thanks!

Traxxas Marshal
    Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

The fuel tank for the Nitro Vee is part number 3548x. Your best bet is probably going to be checking places like eBay, as the Nitro Vee has been discontinued for some time now.

Another option could be using another fuel tank and doing the necessary mods to get it to fit. Exactly which tank to use and which mods would be required, I do not know. But I know that if you want to get your boat up and running, I'm sure you can come up with something!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

The fuel tank for the Nitro Vee is part number 3548x. Your best bet is probably going to be checking places like eBay, as the Nitro Vee has been discontinued for some time now.

Another option could be using another fuel tank and doing the necessary mods to get it to fit. Exactly which tank to use and which mods would be required, I do not know. But I know that if you want to get your boat up and running, I'm sure you can come up with something!
    Thanks for the part number. I'll keep checking ebay and the like and hopefully something will come up. I was hoping someone around here and a bundle of used parts laying around, but I'll probably try to retro fit some other tank.

Traxxas Marshal
    No problem, sorry I cannot be of more help. Sometimes, keeping these vintage vehicles running can be tricky. That said, it certainly is worth it.

There was one on eBay a few weeks ago, hope you got it.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    There was one on eBay a few weeks ago, hope you got it.
    Of all people, you'd be the one to have known this!