RC poster

ESC wont calibrate

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, couldn't find a good section. Scooped up an Axial Bomber tonight and the guy had stuck a brushless motor in it which made it stupid fast and useless imo. I went and scooped up a Traxxas XL-5 HV ESC and TRX 4 motor (21T 550) and put them in as I have a TRX 4 and 6 and like how they drive. When I calibrate the ESC it doesnt finish correctly which I think is causing my throttle problems, darn thing is uncontrollable because it is either 100% throttle or no throttle. When calibrating I get the the part where you push the trigger to full reverse after the two red blinks, you are supposed to get a green light after, that green light never comes. Using the Bomber controller if that matters. Thanks.
    Last edited by Helipilot2; 10-05-2020 at 09:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Helipilot2 View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong spot, couldn't find a good section. Scooped up an Axial Bomber tonight and the guy had stuck a brushless motor in it which made it stupid fast and useless imo. I went and scooped up a Traxxas XL-5 HV ESC and TRX 4 motor (21T 550) and put them in as I have a TRX 4 and 6 and like how they drive. When I calibrate the ESC it doesnt finish correctly which I think is causing my throttle problems, darn thing is uncontrollable because it is either 100% throttle or no throttle. When calibrating I get the the part where you push the trigger to full reverse after the two red blinks, you are supposed to get a green light after, that green light never comes. Using the Bomber controller if that matters. Thanks.
    Use this, is the owners manual, pages 18, 19 and 20:

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R08.pdf