RC poster

Best brand of aluminum Caster Blocks?

Having issues in our spec class of racing with keeping the bottom screws from ripping out of the stock plastic caster blocks. Looking to upgrade to aluminum but not sure what brand is best. Thoughts?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CVRC View Post
    Having issues in our spec class of racing with keeping the bottom screws from ripping out of the stock plastic caster blocks. Looking to upgrade to aluminum but not sure what brand is best. Thoughts?
    Traxxas ones are fine. I have them and other brands. The main thing is if you are doing metal on metal, try to stick with the same brand or you will most likely need Dremel work to get things to fit well. An example is Traxxas castors and AtomikRC carriers. You can use them together, but need to trim a millimeter or so off the carriers to get it to fit and turn cleanly.

Edit: If not Traxxas, then ST RC, Hot Racing and AtomikRC make good quality parts from what I own.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spechal View Post
    Traxxas ones are fine. I have them and other brands. The main thing is if you are doing metal on metal, try to stick with the same brand or you will most likely need Dremel work to get things to fit well. An example is Traxxas castors and AtomikRC carriers. You can use them together, but need to trim a millimeter or so off the carriers to get it to fit and turn cleanly.

Edit: If not Traxxas, then ST RC, Hot Racing and AtomikRC make good quality parts from what I own.

Does Traxxas even make aluminum ones?

Nope, I don't think so. Your best bet is probably Hot Racing if you want aluminum castor blocks and things like that.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah Racing caster blocks have bearings, smooth and no play, by far the best.