RC Competitor

Electronic issue

Hello forums. Iíve been having a pretty crappy time with my Trx-6x6. Iíve had a defective micro servo that traxxas replaced, a defective receiver which I had to pay for that recently got installed. And now, my esc is glitching out. Thereís a massive lag sometimes with the connection, and sometimes the switches to lock the diffs donít even cooperate when the vehicle is powered on. Iíve reset the remote and esc multiple times, and itís still acting up. Iíve barely been able to go crawling because itís been constantly having issues. If thereís a solve to this, please let me know. I need help!

Sounds like there is something in the system that is causing everything else to perform badly. Do you have another steering servo you can throw in? The servo might be drawing too much amperage, causing electrical problems.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxBasher1200 View Post
    Hello forums. I’ve been having a pretty crappy time with my Trx-6x6. I’ve had a defective micro servo that traxxas replaced, a defective receiver which I had to pay for that recently got installed. And now, my esc is glitching out. There’s a massive lag sometimes with the connection, and sometimes the switches to lock the diffs don’t even cooperate when the vehicle is powered on. I’ve reset the remote and esc multiple times, and it’s still acting up. I’ve barely been able to go crawling because it’s been constantly having issues. If there’s a solve to this, please let me know. I need help!
    Mate, check the correct connections of the RX channels, steering in 1, ESC in 2, speed change in 3, front diff lock in 4, rear and medium diff lock in 5, maybe if you change your steering servo for an aftermarket one, you need a UBEC.

Are all your electronics stock? (Tx&Rx,servos,ESC,motor)

The stock electronics aren't great on the TRX-4, but it shouldn't give you that much reliability problems. Have you checked for a secure connection to the receiver? Sometimes vibrations cause the plugs to loosen. (hopefully that is the case)

I've had my steering servo go out, receiver fail, sticky trigger on the remote, and a diff-lock micro servo go weak, which I've replaced with a Traxxas 330 blue servo, Flysky GT5 receiver and transmitter, and an Ecopower micro servo.

By having lag in the unlocking/locking diffs, do the microservos move? If they seem like they are trying, you may have to readjust the servo horns for them or recenter it. If the microservo isn't strong enough, I would suggest getting the Ecopower micro servo, since it is metal geared and much faster and stronger.

If the microservos are not receiving the signal, then it could be a connection issue, like I said before.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.