RC poster

Hello, I'm New Here

Hey, Everybody. First post and wanted to introduce myself. After weeks of oggling over TRX-4 Bronco Youtube videos and reading rave reviews I've decided to take the plunge and build one myself! The madman within cannot be chained down any longer and with fall coming up (my favorite season) I'm savoring the idea of churning the fallen leaves with the Bronco. Then of course, what I'm really waiting for: snow Bronco!

So, no I haven't built a truck in a long time. Only one other time in fact, and that was about 25 years ago when I was in middle school. Some kind of Traxxas 2WD monster truck (can't remember which one). I didn't do the greatest job and it took me the whole summer, but I aim to build a true fantastic machine this time. Of course back then we didn't have forums or YouTube tutes so I anticipate this forum will be a great aid on this attempt.

Think I'm going to order it from Hobby Works for $369 w/ free shipping: https://www.hobbyworks.com/index.cfm...cts&sku=485988

Thanks for having me!

-Danny

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyPack View Post
    Hey, Everybody. First post and wanted to introduce myself. After weeks of oggling over TRX-4 Bronco Youtube videos and reading rave reviews I've decided to take the plunge and build one myself! The madman within cannot be chained down any longer and with fall coming up (my favorite season) I'm savoring the idea of churning the fallen leaves with the Bronco. Then of course, what I'm really waiting for: snow Bronco!

So, no I haven't built a truck in a long time. Only one other time in fact, and that was about 25 years ago when I was in middle school. Some kind of Traxxas 2WD monster truck (can't remember which one). I didn't do the greatest job and it took me the whole summer, but I aim to build a true fantastic machine this time. Of course back then we didn't have forums or YouTube tutes so I anticipate this forum will be a great aid on this attempt.

Think I'm going to order it from Hobby Works for $369 w/ free shipping: https://www.hobbyworks.com/index.cfm...cts&sku=485988

Thanks for having me!

-Danny
    Welcome to the Traxxas Forum, mate, enjoy your project, and don't forget to post here your works with it.

Sounds like a good project! Welcome to the Traxxas forums and don't forget to post pics of your project as it progresses!

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

When you start getting your build put together post up a build thread.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Awesome! Glad that you decided to get a TRX-4!
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Racer
    So tell us what electronics you decide on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Great choice, you'll love it. Wish they came out with the trx4 a few years sooner, I'd have 2 of them instead of my axials.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    Welcome to the Traxxas forums! Great choice in vehicle! While I don't own a TRX-4, the Bronco has always tempted me!

PS: My guess is that the truck you built back then was a Stampede or maybe even a Sledge Hammer! Do you remember what the body looked like? Did it have chrome bumpers and a roll cage? While the Stampede was my first R/C, the Sledge Hammer is definitely one of my favorites (and one that I used to hit the woods with back in the day).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Welcome to the Traxxas forums! Great choice in vehicle! While I don't own a TRX-4, the Bronco has always tempted me!

PS: My guess is that the truck you built back then was a Stampede or maybe even a Sledge Hammer! Do you remember what the body looked like? Did it have chrome bumpers and a roll cage? While the Stampede was my first R/C, the Sledge Hammer is definitely one of my favorites (and one that I used to hit the woods with back in the day).
    Oh man, that's what it was- the Sledge Hammer! Back in the summer of '94 it was. Can't remember what I did with it. I will realize performance and aesthetic greatness with a generation of refinement between then and now!

RC poster
    Welp, just finally held my breath and clicked the "purchase" button! It's supposed to be here next Monday or Tuesday!

RC poster
    Just got the shipping update: Hobbyworks is getting it to me tomorrow!! Free shipping too. My hex driver set won't even be here till Saturday so I'll just open the box and breath in the smell till then. haha

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyPack View Post
    Oh man, that's what it was- the Sledge Hammer! Back in the summer of '94 it was. Can't remember what I did with it. I will realize performance and aesthetic greatness with a generation of refinement between then and now!
    Awesome, the Sledge Hammer is rarely discussed anymore, long forgotten. I remember getting my first Traxxas R/C pamphlet back in the late 90s, which had a Sledge Hammer in it. I drooled over that thing, but ended up buying a Stampede from a friend instead. While I loved my Stampede, I later went on to find a new in sealed box Sledge Hammer around 2006 and was able to finally play around with one! I have since built another (sold) and have enough spare parts to build one from scratch.

Enjoy your new truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle