Thread: New happy owner

RC poster

New happy owner

Hello,

I got E-Revo 1/16 last week and had already some fun with it. I like the power and handling even the stock version with NIMH batteries. Of course the original servo didnít survive first easy off-road trip. But replacement with metal gears is on the way. Iím not completely new to RC and know that replacing parts is a part of the fun.

Just wanted to say Hi and share my first positive experience.

Congrats on you MERV and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

There is a whole sub-forum for the MERV here:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisp...-Slash-VXL-4WD

Eventually, you will have the need for more power by running LIPo batteries.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Welcome.

It's a fun little car. Once your brushless and on 3s. It's a rocket, and hard to keep on the ground. But also needs more fixing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Yes, LiPo batteries are on the way, too. Brushless and 3s for such a small car sounds like an overkill to me as of now. But let's see what the future will bring.

Your going to have a lot of fun with it. On 3s these little guys are crazy fun! The other upgrade besides a servo that I recommend is the aluminum caps part #7033x. They really help in tightening up the excess play in the axle carriers.

RC poster
    Thanks, #7033x are already in my wish list. Traxxas shop does not have it in stock, otherwise they would be on the way, too.
    So far the original plastic ones are pretty firm and should hold for couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighti View Post
    Thanks, #7033x are already in my wish list. Traxxas shop does not have it in stock, otherwise they would be on the way, too.
    So far the original plastic ones are pretty firm and should hold for couple weeks.
    Amazon, Rc mart and a few other online places have it In stock. Always check your price and shipping costs. As some have free shipping others charge up to 10$ ( more than cost of part sometimes)

I always try my LHS (local hobby store) first before online on my parts buying.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    As the others have said, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about your servo gear issues, but I'm happy to hear that you're still having fun!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle