Thread: Tire question

RC poster

Question Tire question

Hello,

I got my MERV last week and one of the tires wobble a lot. Wheel looks good and the suspension, too. Looks to me like the wheel was not glued properly.
    My question is how practical is it to unglue/remove the tire from the wheel and reglue it again properly. I tried to remove with a little force without any success.
    Do you have any suggestions? Best practices?

Thanks,
    Nighti

RC Enthusiast
    Re gluing tires has been a massive pain for me. Most people trash the rubber and save the rim. The only re gluing I recommend is if some glue is broken. I think you're better off getting the tire warrantied.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Imho just live with it. Preglued tires are not always done straight. Don't think I have one on any of my cars.

Don't pull at the tire. Will make a weak point or tear the tire.

To remove tire from rim google baking or acetone bathroom to remove the ca glue. Then reglue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for quick suggestions. The acetone bath will most likely dissolve the original plastic rims. I think I will leave it then for the time being.
    Are there any nice replacement Tires/Wheels which you could recommend?

RC Enthusiast
    2.2 pro line trenchers are good off road tires

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nighti View Post
    Thanks for quick suggestions. The acetone bath will most likely dissolve the original plastic rims. I think I will leave it then for the time being.
    Are there any nice replacement Tires/Wheels which you could recommend?
    Acetone won't dissolve the rims. Most ppl put them out of the liquid in a bucket with a closed lid the fumes will dissolve the glue. Takes a day or two.

I have 2.2 trenchers on my Merv as that's what my LHS had on hand, and wanted tires asap. but Badlands on my other cars. I think badlands hookup better on more terrain imho.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    Yeah, acetone shouldn't damage the plastics; it can, however, eat away the chrome plating.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    I know it might be kind of late, but for the next guy this happens to:
    If you just bought it and there's something wrong with it, couldn't you just get it fixed under warranty?

RC poster
    Itís never to late
    I think itís on the edge of warranty claim. The tire is not damaged and the car performs well. Sure, itís not perfectly balanced but itís MERV driving under 20mph. Not a high speed car where this would be essential. At some point I will replace it anyway, so I didnít even asked for a claim.
    But youíre right. If someone have the same issue, you can always ask the support team. My servo gears were replaced very fast and without any issues.