RC poster

New X-Maxx arrived today...

Haven't had a RC car/truck in decades. Decided to jump right in and purchased the X-Maxx.

I ordered it along with a charger and a couple batteries and was told the Batteries and charger were sent but the truck wouldn't ship until mid Oct. because I chose the RNR cover and it was out of stock. No big deal. I got the Truck yesterday and the batteries today! LOL

I preordered the rear bearing carriers and hinge pins.

At first inspection I noticed a loose part. The Toe Link on the front left wheel was not attached to the body. Odd, I thought. How did they test it?

I attached it and got ready for the first run. The over/under with my friends on breaking down was set at 3 days.

I got it ready for the first run. Checked and double checked everything. Let er rip! What a fun toy! A few neighbors came out of the houses wondering what that blue streak was screaming down the street. Took it
    through a few yards and then all of a sudden steering went to %$#$. I thought servo already? *sigh*

Nope. Turns out the Toe Link is unattached again. After a closer look i see there is a crack in the end so it easily spreads and detaches itself. So the UNDER definitely paid off. LOL

So I'm thinking,

1. Did I get a refurbish or returned X-Maxx? It was odd they weren't going to ship until mid Oct yet I received it Sept.30th
    2. If not a return/refurbish then how did it get past testing with a detached Toe Link?

Regardless, looking up replacement Toe Links as I type and glad to be in the club.

I cannot believe the size of this beast!!!
    Last edited by Cobbler; 10-01-2020 at 08:10 PM.

RC Racer
    They don’t test them. Contact traxxas they will send you the parts.
    A return? Not likely. They are hard enough to get.

RC poster
    I already ordered some replacements. It's not a big deal. Just thought it odd that it came broken and unattached.

I love this truck. Shocking how big it is in person.

Welcome. Perhaps the person boxing it dropped it? It is odd to have a broken link. Think all we can do is guess on that.

Enjoy the beast.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Picture tells the story

Email traxxas support with pictures -receipt etc

Gotta Love the 5th scale world
    fabricator

Fyi Tapatalk app on phone is easiest for posting pics and keeping up on yours and others posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbler View Post
    ...Did I get a refurbish or returned X-Maxx?...
    FWIW I have gotten a previously opened Traxxas vehicle, possibly a refurbish or return. (This was from an authorized local dealer). Instead of plastic wrap around the box, the two ends where the box flaps are were sealed with Traxxas logo tape.

These things are mass produced so sometimes quality control doesn't catch assembly errors. But their customer service is awesome in helping with those times. Enjoy your new truck!

Congrats and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

Have fun with your beast!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Jast a FYI

RC poster
    Parts ordered and coming tomorrow. Already have the rear axle carriers on hand. Looks like a maintenance day tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies! Looking forward to many hours of fun with this beast. My next door neighbor just took delivery of his X-Maxx so it's ON!

Thanks again everyone for the welcome.

RC Champion
    Enjoy your monster, mate, it's an excellent truck, the original sparres are really cheap. And welcome to the Traxxas Forum.

RC Racer
    Watch out, very addictive! Especially if your neighbor got one. Don’t get caught in the “one up” each other

You may also find yourself starting to upgrade because it’s so much fun.

faster faster! higher higher!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by afreek1000 View Post
    Watch out, very addictive! Especially if your neighbor got one. Don’t get caught in the “one up” each other

You may also find yourself starting to upgrade because it’s so much fun.

faster faster! higher higher!
    Already figuring that out. LOL Traxxas was cool. Sending me new toe link. Had already ordered and replaced the broken one. Took her out for run # 2 today and shredded a tire.

Bounced it off a few things as well.

Wrapping tire in 500lb kevlar string will help keep from blowing a tire. I'm still on stock tires.

I like proline badlands for my other cars and what I'll order for my xmaxx once I need em.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Wrapping tire in 500lb kevlar string will help keep from blowing a tire. I'm still on stock tires.

I like proline badlands for my other cars and what I'll order for my xmaxx once I need em.

I have the Powerhobby version of the Badlands. Pretty happy with them so far and they're only a little heavier than the stock wheels.