Getting a UDR, anything I need to know?

After months of a tug of war between getting another crawler and a UDR, I've finally convinced myself to get a UDR. I remember way back when I first saw this truck, I was like dang, I need one of these, and here I am.

Anything I need to know before buying one? I know they're currently out of stock, but I'll wait a bit.

The only thing I need is one of those dual chargers, but is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

Yes, get it! You won't be dissapointed! It is an amazingly scale vehicle.

If you have a single battery charger, it still works - you would just need to wait for it to charge one-by-one. I am just using the EZ Peak Plus charger. It takes a long time though, especially with high-capacity LiPos.

Also, it's better that the batteries have the same specs, be from the same manufacturer, are at the same age, and have roughly the same amount of uses. I say that, because the LVD on the ESC only takes the average voltage of the two batteries, so if one battery has a lower voltage than the other, it may get damaged due to the inaccurate LVD.

For me, I have kept mine bone stock, other than adding a few self-made stickers. I also haven't broken anything (other than to dent the body on a doorframe right after unboxing it due to it being way faster than expected). But I only push my cars as I would with real cars, so I don't drive rough. Other people have broken the front bumper, and snapped the rear trailing arms, which is about it for the common durability stuff (RPM makes both the parts, and you can also get aluminum rear trailing arms, so that shouldn't be much of an issue). As far as handling, I have yet to get a rear diff for mine. The rear spool binds up the axles really easily during high speeds on high-traction surfaces, so it roll over really easily.

Other than that, everything else about the truck is very dialed in. The suspension setting is just simply amazing.

I hope this was helpful, and have fun with your new truck!

Edit: Also, the servo is the 2075R, which is a bit underpowered for this vehicle, so you might also consider changing that out.
    Last edited by RCWilly; 10-01-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    After months of a tug of war between getting another crawler and a UDR, I've finally convinced myself to get a UDR. I remember way back when I first saw this truck, I was like dang, I need one of these, and here I am.

Anything I need to know before buying one? I know they're currently out of stock, but I'll wait a bit.

The only thing I need is one of those dual chargers, but is there anything I need to look out for?

Thanks
    Start off with 4S and training mode or you will come back here *****in about broken parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    Start off with 4S and training mode or you will come back here *****in about broken parts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is somewhat easy to break? I've got a Slash VXL, but those two could be completely different things.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

It will be easier to break compared to the Slash, not because it isn't durable, but because it is much more complex, and is much heavier than the Slash. If you hit something, it's not going to bounce of like a Slash, due to it's larger mass. It is realistic in that sense.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC Qualifier
    If you read through my thread about my UDR, you'll see what I have to say about the axle housing. Knowing what I know now, I'd have bought an aluminum housing from the get-go.

Other than that, I've run somewhere between 40-50 packs of 4S, and just broke my first part:

A rear tire bead came unglued. Factory glue jobs are usually pretty good, but about 1 1/2" of my tire's inner bead came off.

Nothing broken, bent or damaged other than that. I try to drive mine like a real trophy truck, so I'm usually pretty careful. Also like a real truck, I sometimes can't resist running the truck right up to and past the edge of its performance limits (which it does have).

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    If you read through my thread about my UDR, you'll see what I have to say about the axle housing. Knowing what I know now, I'd have bought an aluminum housing from the get-go.

Other than that, I've run somewhere between 40-50 packs of 4S, and just broke my first part:

A rear tire bead came unglued. Factory glue jobs are usually pretty good, but about 1 1/2" of my tire's inner bead came off.

Nothing broken, bent or damaged other than that. I try to drive mine like a real trophy truck, so I'm usually pretty careful. Also like a real truck, I sometimes can't resist running the truck right up to and past the edge of its performance limits (which it does have).
    Will you post a link to the thread you are referring to please.

RC Qualifier