RC poster

Batteries for X-Maxx 8s

Im thinking about asking for an X-Maxx for my birthday. (It's in February) And I would like to know what would be some good 4s batteries that have good life time and reasonably cheap.

Thanks, D3x

RC Champion
    I have SMC and they don't have much longevity. The capacity and punch falls off very quickly and I'm not a heavy user. For someone that is running their RCs once to 3 times a week wouldn't get 6 months out of an smc.

Although they have new graphene packs which I may try. The x maxx is big and heavy, so its hard on everything including batteries.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I have SMC and they don't have much longevity. The capacity and punch falls off very quickly and I'm not a heavy user. For someone that is running their RCs once to 3 times a week wouldn't get 6 months out of an smc. Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Wow, Iím surprised. I own SMC and love them. Though Iím running the graphene version, maybe thatís the difference.
    For reference, what Iím running.

http://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?...product_id=585

Only complaint is theyíre a bit heavy. But what do you expect for 9700 mah. Run for ever!

RC poster
    Are you recommending getting 2 of the SMC graphene battery’s?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by D3x View Post
    Are you recommending getting 2 of the SMC graphene batteryís?
    The SMC are one of the best batteries for X-Maxx, many mates use it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    The SMC are one of the best batteries for X-Maxx, many mates use it.
    Ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I have SMC and they don't have much longevity. The capacity and punch falls off very quickly and I'm not a heavy user. For someone that is running their RCs once to 3 times a week wouldn't get 6 months out of an smc.

Although they have new graphene packs which I may try. The x maxx is big and heavy, so its hard on everything including batteries.

It's possible you got a bad set of lipos, it can happen. DEFINITELY not the norm to hear anyone complain about SMC batteries. I have two I bought 2 years ago and these are the BEST lipos I've owned. They still balance charge, every, single cell, perfectly! After 2 years, they still work great for me!

Like I said, it's possible to get a dud with any brand but this has got to be the first time I've heard someone complain about SMC lipos...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz View Post
    It's possible you got a bad set of lipos, it can happen. DEFINITELY not the norm to hear anyone complain about SMC batteries. I have two I bought 2 years ago and these are the BEST lipos I've owned. They still balance charge, every, single cell, perfectly! After 2 years, they still work great for me!

Like I said, it's possible to get a dud with any brand but this has got to be the first time I've heard someone complain about SMC lipos...
    I sure hope so, I have SMC in my erevo and SCT and they've been fine, but the 4s have been underwhelming.

RC poster
    I've been using 5000 mah 45c with good results so far, not bad price.

As you may have seen the brand was edited by the language filter. There is a certain company in the far east where Traxxas has stated we are not to mention or reference them. Honor their requests here in their home. Thanks.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-06-2020 at 09:42 AM.

RC Competitor
    I used Zop batteries on my upgraded Xmaxx and surprisingly they run great! Will compare to my SMC Graphene V2 packs when I run them soon. Also will compare to Powerhobby batts as well.

Domineazy

RC poster
    I run the HRB 6000mah 60c 4s and can be had online at A**z*n for about $100 a pair, no complaints. The fit well with room to spare, TRX plugs and have a quality feel to them. Good runtime, 20 minutes or more.

RC Champion
    I use two kinds of batteries for my truck, one pair of ULTIMATE 4S 4800mAh 110C, and one pair of GAONENG 4S 6500mAh 110C, works awesome for me.

I use smc. I have not had any issues with them. Have them from my merv , rustler, erevo and xmaxx...

Lectron pros 3s I got sucked and didn't last long before they would hit lvc stage 1 on wot even fully charged. In erevo

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk