RC Competitor

I just got a really bad idea for my Hoss 4x4 🥴

All I need is to make an esc plate and have instant 4s..they left the perfect amount of room as seen in the pic ��
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/190440.../shares/7cX3h0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190440.../shares/6zoaBR
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 10-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Folks have been putting the vxl6-s esc in the hcg Sl4sh chassis for some time now, so there is no reason why a vxl-4s canít fit with a mounting plate. But expect to upgrade driveshafts and assorted parts if you hammer the throttle on 4s a lot. And keep some spare pinion gears of different sizes around

RC Competitor
    I think I'll go with the 4s setup in the HCG Slash..Hoss wheelbase may be a little sketchy on 4s
    They just made it too tempting on the Hoss with the 540XL already wired with the correct bullet size for the traxxas 4s esc
    Last edited by radio uncontrol; 10-03-2020 at 06:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The vxl-6s from the udr is unique in that it comes with one 4s connector and one regular connector in a series set up, and they have a factory jump to plug in the 2nd connector so user can run one 4s battery.

But your idea is sound, I can’t imagine this chassis on 6s, hopefully that diff can take full 4s power.

RC Competitor
    Well, after finishing up putting 4S in my Slash I've decided to go ahead and throw a 4S esc in the Hoss..
    Already installed cast housing diff, extreme duty Traxxas drive shafts, new big bore shocks and upgrading steering box now while waiting for esc to arrive next week..with so many parts being interchangeable with this platform I have most replacement pieces already laying around.

RC Competitor
    Well, I finally got it wedged in there looking factory..made a base plate from galvanized sheet metal which stays hidden from the size of the 4s esc..runs like crazy..
    ThomasP was correct...the stock gearing is awesome for this setup. Ran a full battery pack thru it and motor was at ambient temperature..although I added a fan to the stock 540xl as the Hoss model does not come with a motor fan..just flip the battery holder upside down and it keeps the 4s secure
    Very pleased with the outcome!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I think I know the setup I'm going with...